Why become a member? ×

Aria Pro 2 SB elite 2/SBr-80 pearl white

gafbass02

I love this bass, i only just got it from our own Mike Brooks, but the credit card bill has started to get silly again after a few recent issues so its gotta go already!, GUTTED!!!

I bought it as an SB-R80 but it turns out to be an SB elite 2.
Its from 1983 and has some nicks and dents but is set up low and fast and plays like a dream and sounds fab, quite like a jazz meets stingray sorta sound.

Id like to get back as much of what i paid as possible, which was £275 delivered. Sadly i simply cannot post this bass, i just have no way of doing it so its gotta be collection only, which i know is a pain. To this end i will offer a reduced price for a nice and easy collection!

more pics available, the bottom marker is slightly red coloured dunno why! Its quite scruffy in places with scratches and marks and non original tuners, but on the whole is an utterly FAB bass that i love to bits. Stupid credit cards.

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=53845&hl=aria"]heres the original thread[/url]

Edited by gafbass02

Good luck with the sale Gaf, a fine chap and a pair of decent basses. Bizarrely, when I bought the Aria, the seller said it was an Elite II but when I ran it past some Aria fans who know their stuff, I was told it was an R-80 although I think I've read somewhere that the two models are virtually the same instrument.....weird!

All the best mate.

Mike

Edited by Mike Brooks

As a bit of an Aria SB nerd I have always believed that Gold finish on the tuners is Elite only. Mike's right, apart from the gold hardware they are the same bass.
I might have to sell my SB1000 have you seen how much they go for these days!

[quote name='Mike Brooks' post='589358' date='Sep 4 2009, 08:22 AM']Good luck with the sale Gaf, a fine chap and a pair of decent basses. Bizarrely, when I bought the Aria, the seller said it was an Elite II but when I ran it past some Aria fans who know their stuff, I was told it was an R-80 although I think I've read somewhere that the two models are virtually the same instrument.....weird!

All the best mate.

Mike[/quote]

lol, i think its the Mrs' came free with a magazine apparently!
I think youre right Mike, the SBR80 and the elite 2 are the same bass it turns out, although i was told the gold and pearl combo only came on the sb elite!?
Those crazy matsumoko folks!, what will they dream up next!

Hopeful Bump for the aria, although i know it took a while to sell before, and and unbump for the P cause im gonna hang on to it, cause its just too fab to sell even for debts!

• 3 weeks later...

I looked at this bass a few weeks ago when you spoke about selling it and I've hummed and hawed over it. It looks stunning and from the description sounds like and awesome bass.

Unfortunately I can't justify a trip from Edinburgh to Cheltenham to collect it, things being tight enough already! I assume it's a through neck, hence the collection only?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...