Why become a member? ×

G&L Tribute L2000. SOLD

solo4652

Hi,

I was so impressed with this Tribute, that I went out and bought another one. Then, I got my Stingray to sound as I wanted, so I don't need two G&L Tributes. This one is now for sale.

Serial number = 04023534. Made in Korea, 2004-2005

You all know about these basses, but in case you don't - here's the spec:

2 G&L USA humbuckers
Swampash body (I think...)
Hard rock-maple neck with rosewood fretboard
G&L-designed Saddle Lock bridge
Tri-Tone active/passive electronics
3-way mini-toggle pickup selector, preamp control, series/parallel control
Treble boost/cut knob
Bass boost/cut knob,
Volume knob

When I bought it 6 months ago, the pots were pretty crackly - not uncommon on these basses. So, I had all 3 knobs replaced with CTS pots by Ged Green, Instrument Technician in Manchester, at a cost of £35. Now, there is absolutely no hiss or crackle whatsoever.

Pictures:

[attachment=32111:008.JPG] [attachment=32112:009.JPG]

[attachment=32113:010.JPG] [attachment=32114:011.JPG]

I've only used the bass for bedroom practising - I've never gigged it. Consequently, it's in excellent condition with only a very few, faint marks on the back, and 1 or 2 almost unnoticeable marks on the neck that you can only just see, and only if somebody points them out to you. You can't feel these at all when playing. Comes with a new, but mediocre gigbag.

I'm in Stockport and anybody who's interested in the bass is welcome to come round and have a go on it any time. I will post - I have a sturdy cardboard box for this and loads of bubblewrap.

Revised price: £350 including delivery to your door.

Steve

Edited by solo4652

[quote name='MB1' post='588890' date='Sep 3 2009, 05:44 PM']MB1. :)
Got any other colours? :rolleyes:
...Mancunian Bump![/quote]

Hi Martin,

Well, actually I do have another Tribute in the lighter body colour and maple fingerboard. But, that's the one I'm keeping!

Steve

[quote name='budget bassist' post='589173' date='Sep 3 2009, 10:14 PM']hi
just thought i'd say this is indeed a swamp ash body, all the trans finish L-2000 tribbys are ash bodied and the solid finish ones are basswood IIRC[/quote]

Aha! I thought so, but I wasn't completely certain. Thanks for the clarification.

Steve

[quote name='Mumbles87' post='592157' date='Sep 7 2009, 03:23 PM']Hey mate where abouts in stockport are you based? Also don't suppose your interested in any trades?
Cheers[/quote]

Hi,

I live in Marple. At the moment, I'm not really interested in trades because I'm trying my best to reduce the number of my basses and in so doing generate some much-needed cash for household bills!
PM me if you want to come round - I'm at home most of the day - and I'll send you my contact details.

Steve

[quote name='warpie' post='604066' date='Sep 20 2009, 10:33 PM']hi,

are you still selling this bass? :)

thanks
michael[/quote]

Hi, Yes, it's still for sale. It's just been played by a well-known BC'er this afternoon (name withheld for security reasons) who brought his Stingray round for an A/B exercise and a chat. "Oh blimey, he said, I actually prefer the G&L to my Stingray..."

Steve

Edited by solo4652