Why become a member? ×

Are BC Rich Basses just for Metal?

XxBassMastaXx

[quote]pointy head stock ? yes
pointy body with unnescessay unergonomic siticky outy bits to make it look all tough and grumpy? yes
very black? yes

Its a metal bass, the pups and pre anre irrelevant, it is designed to look 'metal', its aesthetic design is dictated too by the preconceptions of what is 'metal'.

Can you use it to play other music? yes, of course.

Will you look like a tw@t? almost certainly.....[/quote]

Check the OP - he didn't ask about the looks... d'oh!

I didn't think the tw@t comment was necessary.

Edited by Gust0o

[quote name='XxBassMastaXx' post='588942' date='Sep 3 2009, 06:25 PM']its not ugly! I know i said i like stingrays but they are way out of my price range. But this is also nice and only £400.[/quote]

Get a second hand SUB! There was one on here for £350 and i sold my housemate's for £380 with an ABS hard case

Proper USA made 'Ray for peanuts

[quote name='lemmywinks' post='589392' date='Sep 4 2009, 09:07 AM']Get a second hand SUB! There was one on here for £350 and i sold my housemate's for £380 with an ABS hard case

Proper USA made 'Ray for peanuts[/quote]
+100000

Yeah,look around the second hand market,sometimes,you get lucky,especially if the seller states shipping to his country,and you politely ask if he'll ship to your's

Cost LESS than the Musicmans mentioned (Inc shipping),is U.S.A. handmade and IMPO is better than any musicman I've played

and the neck is cool

[quote name='Lorne' post='589796' date='Sep 4 2009, 04:08 PM']Yeah,look around the second hand market,sometimes,you get lucky,especially if the seller states shipping to his country,and you politely ask if he'll ship to your's

[/quote]

Lovely!
I used to have a wonderful snakeskin finish ST3 - it's one of the few guitars I really regret selling.

[quote name='Gust0o' post='589808' date='Sep 4 2009, 04:17 PM']Is that your Snakeskin Lorne? Love it! APSH has an awesome one, but doesn't have the reverse headstock... or vice versa, maybe.

You've got some awesome gear - which I pretty much say every time :rolleyes:[/quote]

Yes,APSH's Gunslinger bass does have the reverse headstock,I should know,I sold him a 1980's NEW neck for his bass,as his came with a Robin neck

I like his paint better than mine though :)

[quote name='RhysP' post='590007' date='Sep 4 2009, 06:39 PM']Lovely!
I used to have a wonderful snakeskin finish ST3 - it's one of the few guitars I really regret selling.[/quote]

Thanks RhysP,I own a Snakeskin ST III,although I haven't seen it since I bought it a year ago,it is at my friend's house in Poland,no worries though,as I have 2 of his guitars at my house,a BCR Condor and a BCR Ignitor

Here is my ST III

I also have a Snakeskin NJ Series II Warlock bass,which I haven't seen in a year and a half

[quote name='RhysP' post='590131' date='Sep 4 2009, 08:31 PM']Did the Thin Lizzy guys borrow the Riches from Amrik & Pammi when they were importing them in the late 70s?[/quote]

No,From Max Kay of E.F.R. guitars

Mal Stich,vice president of B.C.Rich remembers Max fondly and bumps into him from time to time at the German guitar shows

If you get hold of a decent copy of the DVD,you can see small stickers on the lower horns of all 4 BCR's,seems like Max did a little bit of sneaky advertising,here is a couple of the 160 odd stills I have of the Video shoot

Horses for courses I say. If you like it, and can make it work, then do whatever the hell you want, and anyone who says otherwise be damned. My ascociates thought I was nuts for wanting to use a semi hollow Aria TAB in a metal setting, but shut thier mouths when I tore wallpaper and plaster off the walls using it. So I say **** what anyone else thinks - get it, strap some flats on the biatch and punch people in the guts. :brow: