Why become a member? ×

So: which football manager are you like when it comes to buying & selling gear??

silverfoxnik

Hi Folks

Bit of weekend fun.. :rolleyes:

I was listening to one of the football managers waffling on in a radio interview this morning about how he couldn't compete with the bigger football clubs when it comes to buying new players. So he had to look out for the bargain players, or bring young players through, develop a scouting network etc etc.. So it made me wonder about what kind of football manager I'm like when it comes to buying gear?

Well.. I haven't got the spare cash to really throw around at gear unless I sell stuff first, so I'm definitley not a Mark Hughes at Man City buying everyone that Real Madrid hasn't bought.. or even a Sir Alex at Man U who can buy a Rooney or Berbatov..and I'm definitely not Perez at Real Madrid who can spend over £200 million in one summer!!

So, after mulling it over for a bit, I decided I'm somewhere between David Moyes at Everton and (though it pains me to say it as a life-long Man U fan), Arsene Wenger at Arsenal! :) Every now and again I'll buy something of real quality, but more often than not, I'm trawling the For Sale threads looking for that increasingly had to find bargain..

So, if you're like me and you spend a bit too much time buying & selling gear, which foootball manager are you most like in the Basschat [i]transfer market[/i]?? :lol:

Nik

Vigier Excess bass, Fafner head, new Trace Elliot cabs.

That probably makes me Arsene Wenger: I have a great love for expensive and exotic French things up front that most people haven't really heard of; I own a great midfield engine working to half its potential due to the backline (4ohms); and a backline that was once famous for its power, quality and reliability, but in recent years has been exposed and come up short when tested against the big boys, to the point that it is now a shadow of its former self. While I'm sure my backline would perform alright for some else, its comparative mediocre status is holding back my otherwise exotic set-up. However, I lack the funds necessary to buy the backline I truly desire, so I'll probably just sit around for another year and make do with what I already have.

Edited by thodrik

I have an american fender 2008 jazz that I bought new, and an ashdown MAG-300 EVOII with 4x10s combo... what does that make me?! I suppose if I have the money I go for something quality - never behringer or anything,. but I always look for a bargain. So for exam[ple my amazing pedalboard that can hold about...15(?) pedals cost me £20, and I've got 2 home-made pedals and 1 made by a BC member for a fraction of the price it should be.