Why become a member? ×

Rechargable batteries and charger

Finbar

Okay, so the wireless I have is great and all, but the transmitter eats through 9v batteries. So I'm going to go rechargable.

I've been advised that the best kind to buy are 9.6v Li-Poly ones, which I would buy a couple of and use in rotation.

So many batteries around the internet that I don't really know which ones would be good ones to go for? :/

We use rechargeable batteries, from Wilkinsons, around the house in clocks, TV remotes etc, but I wouldn't risk one in my bass. Some seem to work well and others seem to loose their charge too quickly. I don't think they are reliable enough!

I tend to agree, but these Li-Poly ones get very good reviews. Some people say they last longer than standard 9vs :)

Also - looked at that link, that's exactly what I want. I take it they don't have a shopping cart or anything? Or even any prices listed on the site? Crikey. Oh well, I'll just pop them an email :rolleyes:

Edited by Finbar

Can you find Hybrio 9Vs? NiMH have longer life under heavy load than alkalines (hence good for digital cameras etc) but most self-discharge within a month or two - the Hybrios don't (that's why they can be sold fully charged) which means you can use them in low load situations too.

Alex

Gosh, I hate batteries. I know nothing about different types of them. I used to use NiMh ones in my camera as I was convinced they were the best kind. Now I have people telling me the Li-Poly ones are. And then you take it back to NiMh with those Hybrios :rolleyes:

I don't really know what's what with them!

I'll look into the Hybrios though :)

Rechargeable batteries are fine but the main problem is that they die with very little warning.

If you compare the voltage over time graphs you will see that the voltage value drops more gradually in non-rechargeable types. This gives you time to change before they die completely.

The answer is to keep fully charged spares and change them before the ones in use die. You'll have to work out for yourself how long they will last in your own gear though.. Take a note of how long they are lasting and change them at 75% of that time.

Frank

PS. I can't remember the exact figure but it's something like this : non-rechargeable batteries are about 500 times more expensive. :)