Why become a member? ×

Zoom B9.1UT Multi FX

project_c

I had this for sale here brand new and unopened a while back and it didn't go, and in the end I couldn't resist and had to have a mess around with it, I ended up keeping it and doing some recording and jamming with it. It's an awesome piece of kit, the preamp section and the built in valve are excellent - but I still can't justify keeping it. It was bought for me as a gift and I have all the gear I need already (if anything I need to downsize rather than add to my already cramped studio).

My original asking price was £190, but seeing as it's been opened and used a couple of times I'm happy to let it go for £175 plus P&P. The retail price is still around £280 on these, this one is well within its' warranty, it's around a couple of months old, and comes with original box, manual, exactly as it was when it arrived.

If you're in London you're welcome to collect it in person, and if you're not too far from central London, I will even consider jumping in the car and bringing it to you.

I am also looking for a small cab, if you have any cabs you'd like to trade let me know.

pics below, any questions give me a shout.

[attachment=30274:b9.1ut.jpg]

[attachment=30273:inbox.jpg]

Edited by project_c

[quote name='project_c' post='560796' date='Aug 5 2009, 12:07 AM']yep. it does about a million more things than I need, I personally just used it for the tube accelerator and the preamp and the cab simulations.[/quote]

Tube accelerator? that sounds awesome, I don't know what i does but I get a feeling everyone should have one.

the Accelerator section is basically just a glorified Gain / Saturation Control. There are 2 knobs, the first one uses the valve for genuine analog tube warmth and dirt, the second one is for solid state style gain, it's a bit like having a modern and vintage amp rolled into one.

According to Zoom, "Combining the raw processing power of the ZFX-3 with the 12AU7 tube accelerator produces richer harmonics and organic tone. By adjusting the mix balance, the thick characteristics of the 12AU7 tube and the striking clarity of the ZXF-3 can be adjusted so that saturation is natural and focused."

ps. I am also open to trades if anyone has a small cab, something like a 112.

Many thanks to project_c for dropping this round to my gaff last night.

What a piece of kit! Got to bed very late :) Found myself laughing out loud at the pedal, which can move vertically to change one parameter & horizontally to change another - this will actually be very useful!

Yes, everyone should have a "Tube Accelerator", which is what Zoom call the valve - strange people - but it does make a big beefy tonal contribution...

So far it's way better than I'd hoped... Hours of fun ahead, then... gig time :rolleyes:

[quote name='cheddatom' post='561904' date='Aug 6 2009, 12:28 PM']Cool, I really want one of these. An in depth review in the reviews section would be most appreciated![/quote]

Will do one when I get back from hols!

And in my crystal ball I see... a stomp box sale in the near future :)

Word of advice mate, if you want to make it sound even better, change the valve out to a high quality Mullard or something like that. I've heard reports from guitarists that doing this makes it sound a whole lot better. I've got a Zoon G2 and its great for recording guitar parts. Zoom do good multi-FX units.

[quote name='WHUFC BASS' post='565910' date='Aug 11 2009, 02:10 PM']Word of advice mate, if you want to make it sound even better, change the valve out to a high quality Mullard or something like that. I've heard reports from guitarists that doing this makes it sound a whole lot better. I've got a Zoon G2 and its great for recording guitar parts. Zoom do good multi-FX units.[/quote]

That's a great idea - any specific valve in mind and also, where would I get one?

mullard 12ax7?? Had one in a dha pedal i used to own, VASTLY improved the tone :)

Obviously long discontinued, but you should be able to pick one up on ebay for £20 odd, just make sure it has been tested.

[quote name='JonnyM' post='565992' date='Aug 11 2009, 03:46 PM']After some quick research, it seems the Mullard ECC82 is the one to get, so when I'm back from hols & got to grips with the Zoom, I'll give one a try...(I think the 12AX7 is a different valve, ie different specs.).[/quote]
ah yes, didnt check, a 12ax7 is a ECC83, but i think it would still work with the zoom, just be a higher gain sound? But yeah the ECC82 is what you want, which you should find cheaper as they are not as sought after :)

Edited by Kev