Why become a member? ×

what kind of amp do you use?

nash

• 3 months later...

[quote name='duneytunes' post='52791' date='Aug 30 2007, 02:00 PM'][font="Arial"][b][color="#0000FF"]Ampeg SVT-2 Pro into a PR-410HLF cab. Like it but a little underpowered for me.

Sometimes think I should get another SVT-2 head and link them together![/color][/b][/font][/quote]

Dude, I'm going to presume that there's a typo there - if an SVT 2 head is 'underpowered' for you then I suggest you take it to a tech pronto!

Edited by G-bitch

Hi Guys,

In the past 4 years i've used :

Eden WT400 210 XLT 115XLT
SWR SM900 Golliath III son of Bertha
Eden WT800 2 x 410XLT's
EBS TD650 2 x Neo 212
Ampeg SVT Classic 610 & 810
Aguilar DB680 & 728 2 x GS410's
Ashdown ABM900 ABM410 ABM115
Eden Metro Combo with 115XLT
MarkBass SA450 410 & 115

Everyone of the above rigs has had it's strong points and limitations in use...... The Aguilar was possibly the pick of the bunch but volume was stupid ! uncontrolable in smaller venues. The SWR was possibly the biggest let down. The Ashdown was without doubt the biggest surprise, Hell of a Rock tone, massive sound and our FOH engineer loved it..... I admit it i'm a Bass Snob and I couldn't live with an Ashdown !!

I now use a Gallien Krueger RB1001 with a pair of RBH 210's and it's the best overall rig i've had, so tight and articulate with masses of headroom I can't think of a single downside, can't believe it's solid state and (relatively) a cheap rig !

Mark

1996: I started out with an all-valve sealed 15" combo, Traynor YBA-2B Bassmate, a spectacular 20W beast!

1997: Then a solidstate ported whizzer 12" combo, Peavey Sessionbass + 112MB, 200W.

1999: Then a valve/ss preamp, SWR Grand Prix, with ss power amp, Mackie M1400, into two Acme Low B-2s, 1000W.

2004: Change from Class AB to Class H+SMPS power amp, QSC PLX 3002, 2000W.

2007: Change from valve/ss preamp to solidstate Class A preamp, Avalon U5.

Can't believe how great this rig sounds!

Alex