Why become a member? ×

Devon Diamond-D Fretless 5 (lined) - £ SOLD SOLD SOLD

eubassix

Devon Diamond-D FL5
High-end (handmade) bass which is extremely light and comfortable, with a slim, easy neck. The body (top) is quilted maple with slight burl to it and the core (rear) is lightly figured koa. The neck is three piece maple and the fingerboard Brazilian rosewood. The electronics are Bartolini (NS2TMB-18 preamp). The truss rod is a single-action truss. The bass has seen little use and remains in excellent condition. Currently fitted with excellent TI strings
"...Tailored to accommodate almost any playing style, the Devon Diamond D has been the most popular model since it's inception. With a Bartolini MM and a slanted J pickup, the Diamond D is versatile. Coupled with the Bartolini NSTMB 18 volt, 3-band EQ, this bass has the ability to lay a solid groove. The very sleek body design, carved to perfect balance, features rounded body contours, exotic hardwood laminates and hardwood control cover: but what really sets this bass apart from it's competition is the sound!..."
Devon Diamond D Features:
· Bartolini MM (bridge position with coil-tapping switch) and J (neck position) pickups standard.
· Bartolini NSTMB 18v.-3 electronics with volume, pickup balance, concentric bass/treble, mid and 3-way mid-EQ swift switch.
· 24 fret(less), 5 bolt-on 3-piece maple neck, fretless (lined - maple)
· Graphite-reinforced neck with 2-way truss rod.
· Brazilian Rosewood fingerboard.
· 35" scale on 5-string (34" scale on 4 string models).
· String spacing: 9mm(nut)-16mm(F24)-19mm(Bridge). 1-3/4" Nut
· Hipshot Ultralite tuning machines.
· Black hardware.
· Dual battery box for quick battery change.
· Upgrade body wood: figured Koa
· Optional upgrade top - curly maple (thick section) + matching headstock cap.
· Hipshot "A" bridge made of premium quality aluminum
· Wooden rear cavity cover with trim-pot access
· All bolts are threaded-insert (no screws - neck & rear cover)
· Thomastik-Infeld Strings
· Weight: only 8.2 lbs.
- shown (in photos) with a case, but comes with high-quality gig-bag.

Link: [url="http://www.devonguitars.com"]http://www.devonguitars.com[/url]
Having decided to keep the Kinal FL5 and currently unable to source (or fund) a Devon 5 fretted, thought it best to let this bass go. I'll try for a few days on here and then ebay it.
Current price (base) for a DD-5 is $2600. Options take it close to $3k.
£SOLD / Traded

Edited by eubassix

Thanks - SW, Veils & Bb5 -for the postitive comments and info.!
I think the Kinal is much more akin to the Buzz5 than the Devon, with its ebony-coated f/board. The Devon is a more 'organic' FL, but still offers a great range of tones with the MM-J + extensive EQ.
It's probably the lightest (.. weight, Not sound!..) high-end FL5 I've ever played.

Thanks Russ - hope the Kinal MK5 is still performing well?! I had a plan to create a lightweight pair of 5's (Devon's seem to be very light generally) but (a) can't now afford a matching fretted for this FL5, and (:) just prefer the feel/sound of the Kinal MK5FL. So, whilst this is a lovely bass, it's going to playing '2nd-fiddle' (which isn't easy for a bass).......

[quote name='eubassix' post='563447' date='Aug 8 2009, 01:25 PM']Thanks Russ - hope the Kinal MK5 is still performing well?![/quote]

Oh heck yes, it's perfect David.

Edited by Rayman

• 2 weeks later...

.. usual story = plenty of 'Watchers' .. 0-bids.
Possible trade+£ pending. Otherwise accepting offers (sensible) on an exceptional lined FL5.
If nothing forthcoming, may relist (ebay) with lowered start(BIN).

Hi David...Fantastic looking FL fancy a trade with the Zon you sold me as i bought a six Zon i was so impressed but find myself needing a fretless.I was thinking you might be missing the sonus[A LONG SHOT I KNOW]
All the best John
Remember this one.............