Why become a member? ×

Status Matrix I (JJ) £550... Reduced to £500 !!

Marcus

Hi Chaps.......

I'm selling this superb Status for one reason only....

My Fat fingers are struggling with the string spacing.... i'm that used to fender / musicman these days I can't seem to adjust and it's just a bit tight for me.

Since I bought it from Chris it's had some TLC

Full strip, clean & polish
Fret Polish & Board cleaned & polished
New Battery (Duracel Ultra M3)
New Set of DR Hi Beams 40 - 100 & Full set up

Plays like butter with the fastest lowest action you'll find.

Sound wise.... 100% Status but with more balls (owing the the JJ Configuration I guess)

Some Status Basses I've had have sounded too thin to carry much weight in a busy band mix, this fella would suit a good variety of gigging situations.

Kingbass II on the cheap ?

Comes with Hard Case.....

Price is what I paid for the Bass from Chris which was a Bargain £550

[b]Reduced to £500 so long as my Target Bass remains available[/b]

I'll point you at Chris's Sale Thread for now - I'll get some photo's of it looking all shiny later when i've got a little more time.....

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=52403&hl=status+matrix"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=...l=status+matrix[/url]

ATB

Mark

Edited by Marcus

I just sold this bass to Mark a little while ago and I miss it already! It really is a cracking bass, and, as Mark has said and as I was told when I picked it up, it's basically a cheaper Kingbass II! However, it is very much it's own beast, a mix of classic Status sound and features complimented by a character that is very much it's own!

It probably has the one of the slickest, comfiest necks I've ever played too. If I could afford it, I'd have it back in a second because it's a very different beast to my Warwick Thumb!

However, this bass does not need my glowing review, as anyone with a dab of common sense will appreciate that this bass is:

a) handmade in England
:rolleyes: made of high quality components, namely a graphite neck, walnut body and Status brass hardware and proprietary pickups
c) a rare model (most Matrix models were P/J config) from a discontinued line
d) basically the same bass as the Kingbass Mark II for a great deal less cash

As such, common sense dictates that this bass will soon be sold to someone with the means to afford it! :)

Overall, just a really great bass and one I'd be quite happy to have back!

Guys...... I'm prepared to drop this to £500 so long as my Target bass remains available

Jesus Guys........ do I have to give it away !????

Where's MB1 when you need him !!!

Edited by Marcus

[quote name='birdy' post='544901' date='Jul 19 2009, 08:50 PM']Hopefully the good doctor will be along to buy this soon :-)

Steve[/quote]

ha ha...... hasn't Nick got enough ?

It's a hell of a lot of Bass for £500 so i'm sure he'll be tempted !

ATB

[quote name='Marcus' post='544895' date='Jul 19 2009, 08:37 PM']Guys...... I'm prepared to drop this to £500 so long as my Target bass remains available

Jesus Guys........ do I have to give it away !????

Where's MB1 when you need him !!![/quote]

MB1. :)
...... Probably Playing his Kingbass 1..... :rolleyes:

Hello Mark!
....Lot of bass for a good price!...have previously played one of these and they are very nice... unfortunately not in the market for another Status at the moment though!.....thought theyed have snapped this up on Stati (at this price!)
BUMP!

[quote name='MB1' post='544930' date='Jul 19 2009, 09:29 PM']MB1. :)
Hello Mark!
....Lot of bass for a good price!...have previously played one of these and they are very nice... unfortunately not in the market for another Status at the moment though!.....thought theyed have snapped this up on Stati (at this price!)
BUMP![/quote]

I've not put it up on the Statii site yet...... I think Chris did

I love that site but it's full on Yanks trying to plunder our bass stocks with their strong $ :rolleyes:

[quote name='MB1' post='544970' date='Jul 19 2009, 10:22 PM']MB1. :)
....Whats the Target Bass Mark???
BUMP![/quote]

hey up Martin...... you'll like this..... it starts with an "A" and ends with a "C"

[quote name='Marcus' post='544973' date='Jul 19 2009, 10:24 PM']hey up Martin...... you'll like this..... it starts with an "A" and ends with a "C"[/quote]

....Antiseptic????
Blonde ,...American,.... big bodied?....Spalted?...Series 2???:rolleyes:
BUMP!

[quote name='doctor_of_the_bass' post='544990' date='Jul 19 2009, 10:47 PM']Ah!

I think I know what it is! If it is what I think it is, I'd love it but won't be able to buy it! Heheh![/quote]

Come on Nick - you need to get to the magic 100 to be a serious bass player :-) Get it bought!!!!

Think how you could slap this one!!!

[quote name='birdy' post='545065' date='Jul 20 2009, 02:22 AM']Come on Nick - you need to get to the magic 100 to be a serious bass player :-) Get it bought!!!!

Think how you could slap this one!!![/quote]

Hi, is it still there? I'll give you £500 for it.
Cheers
Chris.

[quote name='doctor_of_the_bass' post='544990' date='Jul 19 2009, 10:47 PM']Ah!

I think I know what it is! If it is what I think it is, I'd love it but won't be able to buy it! Heheh![/quote]

How the hell does an Alembic end up in cash convertors ??

Actually....... no it's not that one !