Why become a member? ×

Simple Question about Sadowsky Necks

NJE

Hello,

My band has just folded (friday) and as such i am completely rethinking my setup. I do not really have a huge need for an amp anymore so am thinking about selling it and my current main bass and getting something really fancy with the proceeds.

I love the look of sadowsky and think one would be a sound investment but just wondering how the necks are finished? I have been trying to find out but I must be a little slow because I cant find info anywhere. Are they gloss or more of a MusicMan feel? I will of course be playing a few before I buy anything but I was just curious as I am not the biggest fan of satin finish.

Cheers,

Nathan

[quote name='NJE' post='538309' date='Jul 12 2009, 10:00 AM']Hello,

My band has just folded (friday) and as such i am completely rethinking my setup. I do not really have a huge need for an amp anymore so am thinking about selling it and my current main bass and getting something really fancy with the proceeds.

I love the look of sadowsky and think one would be a sound investment but just wondering how the necks are finished? I have been trying to find out but I must be a little slow because I cant find info anywhere. Are they gloss or more of a MusicMan feel? I will of course be playing a few before I buy anything but I was just curious as I am not the biggest fan of satin finish.

Cheers,

Nathan[/quote]

THey are finished with a thin Nitro lacquer. Sme people think they are a little "sticky" when yu first get them, but after playing for a couple of weeks the lacquer becomes very shiny and smooth. I love the finish on the Sadowsky necks.

They are Nitro finished, but the finish is not all buffed and shiny. They feel great from the beginning but after you put a few miles on them (it can be a couple of weeks or a couple of months depending on how much you play them) that feel is simply perfect: solid, smooth and fast.

I prefer a laquered neck but a very old M I had felt fine as well... and that had a degree of laquer on it but can't recall what is was like when new...

I be tempted to get a Sad neck finsdished off by someone if the profile or finish wasn't right...

And if you bought custom new, then I would guess you could specify it.

P.S
My bass' finsih took a month of laquering and sanding to complete, IIRC I wonder if that is why some don't do it..