Why become a member? ×

Shuker; Two new stock basses

Sean.Robinson

I dont know if anyone has made a post on this already but has anyone noticed the updated stock page on the Shuker website. Personally the new 'uberhorn' has made me reassess how much i need a car i cant get over it :) i also hope its a new stock shuker shape :rolleyes:

To save the time of looking at the site heres the two new beauties;

'Uberhorn'

Single Cut

Edited by Sean.Robinson

Jon sent me an email the other day mentioning the Uberhorn, he said it was a bit of an experiment that might make it through to the final line up. I really like the look of it, personally. Although the bottom cutaway could use a little tweak to make the cutaway a tad less deep perhaps.

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='537672' date='Jul 11 2009, 01:22 AM']Jon sent me an email the other day mentioning the Uberhorn, he said it was a bit of an experiment that might make it through to the final line up. I really like the look of it, personally. Although the bottom cutaway could use a little tweak to make the cutaway a tad less deep perhaps.[/quote]

Sounds good, i think if i did have the money again to order another bass from Jon id be asking about this shape. I can see what you mean about the lower horn, i quite like but im probably biased by the picture being theyre as is. The whole shape to me seems a bit like a refined ritter and i hope its not just me who sees that otherwise i may look a bit silly.

I prefer his usual body shape-but then I'm not a big one for huge elongated horns like that (they don't give me the horn! :)) I've said it before-I don't think that headstock goes with those body shapes-you've got that lovely, streamlined, swooping body with a squat, ugly headstock IMHO. I expect he'd elongate it somewhat if asked, though.

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='537672' date='Jul 11 2009, 01:22 AM']Although the bottom cutaway could use a little tweak to make the cutaway a tad less deep perhaps.[/quote]
I think given the length of the fingerboard that is a nod towards the Zon Hyperbass idea. Now that one is cut a little deeply :)

I do like the look of the Uberhorn though, especially that piece of wood.

[quote name='Sean.Robinson' post='537679' date='Jul 11 2009, 02:05 AM']The whole shape to me seems a bit like a refined ritter and i hope its not just me who sees that otherwise i may look a bit silly.[/quote]
I see Tobias... :)