Why become a member? ×

Wizard Hammers

beerdragon

It sounds like they're made to sound even darker than the 84's, which would be VERY dark indeed! Recorded today with my Jazz Bass (w/ 84s) through a 4x10 cab and it was very middley, almost brittle sounding when played with a plectrum. Not quite sure I'd have a use for anything darker than that, but I'd be interested in hearing them anyway!

Let us know how you find them if you do go for them.

Danny

[quote name='acidbass' post='534322' date='Jul 7 2009, 12:02 AM']... Recorded today with my Jazz Bass (w/ 84s) through a 4x10 cab and it was very middley, almost brittle sounding when played with a plectrum. Not quite sure I'd have a use for anything darker than that, but I'd be interested in hearing them anyway...[/quote]

Is there any chance you can post any recording of those pickups, the 84's, please? I'd love to hear how they sound...I'm about to replace the ones on my bass and Wizards were an option.

Thanks!

[quote name='thedontcarebear' post='535376' date='Jul 8 2009, 08:24 AM']I got some Wizard 64's and put them in last night, they sound pretty nice.[/quote]

I'm trying to decide between the 64's and 84's. Do the 64's give you anything like the John Paul Jones sound, I don't want it too middley.

Cheers

Steve

[quote name='stevefletch59' post='535407' date='Jul 8 2009, 09:07 AM']I'm trying to decide between the 64's and 84's. Do the 64's give you anything like the John Paul Jones sound, I don't want it too middley.

Cheers

Steve[/quote]

To tell the truth, I am not great at describing bass pickup sounds etc, so can't be of much use! "Nice" is about as far as my descriptive talents go, haha.

i hav the hammers and think they are really good. not sure how to describe them tho as i dont have much experience with describing pickups! i changed out my standard mexican pickups for them and think its a great improvement. I wil work on getting some sounds up but doubt i will be able to. The strings i use are chromes and i think they really suit the pickups as they are fairly bright flats. I am in a rock/funk band and these pickups sound great and i have had many compliments from bass players on how good my bass sounds.
Phil