Why become a member? ×

NOW TRADED - Mesa Boogie Buster Bass 200 - NOW TRADED

Monz

Ok since visiting Tayste and playing one of his old Simms Watts I have realised the sound I am striving for comes from old 60's/70's basic valve amps and a big 4x10 which I now have in my arsenal so the Mesa is going to feel unused...

Below is the bumf from the guy I bought it from

Mesa Boogie Buster Bass 200 combo in excellent condition.
It's the 2x10 'wedge' version. 200W all valve. Now discontinued & very hard to get hold of.
specs:

200 Watts, All Tube, Class A/B Power / 6x6L6-427, 3x12AX7
EVM Basis Speakers
Assignable 7 Band Graphic EQ
Parallel FX Loop w/Mix Level Control
600 Ohm XLR Balanced Out
Silent Record Mute Switch
Tone Luggage™ Transport System (clever slide out handle & wheels system)

Recent revalve by previous owner and gigged three times since then never higher than 40% volume... make no mistake this is a very loud combo

Here are the piccies from the previous owner too... I'm sure he wont mind

[attachment=28013:buster.jpg] [attachment=28014:buster_rear.jpg] [attachment=28015:buster_handle.jpg]

And now the important bit £725 ovno

Thanks for looking

Edited by Monz

I've played this and it is literally 1/2 a 400+ and since I don't put my 400+ over 3 then this is easily loud enough for all your needs

It's killer loud and punchy and through my 4x10 sound exactly the same as the 400+

Stunning amp, if I wasn't poor as $%&* I'd have this in a second.

[quote name='Bigwan' post='528456' date='Jun 30 2009, 11:16 AM']God I wish I was closer. I'd have this off you in a shot! Shipping would be stupid money me thinks...[/quote]

Bring your Bongo 5HH to Liverpool on the ferry and I'll meet you there with the Mesa :) swaps

[quote name='tayste_2000' post='528435' date='Jun 30 2009, 10:55 AM']Also I can carry this on my own, it's heavy but not horrible and it does have wheels and a dolly built in.

Seriously reconsidering this Monz :)[/quote]

Just give me the nod and it's yours :rolleyes:

[quote name='Monz' post='528485' date='Jun 30 2009, 11:40 AM']Bring your Bongo 5HH to Liverpool on the ferry and I'll meet you there with the Mesa :) swaps[/quote]

Tempted, but have already agreed a trade for a Bongo 4HH (identical finish and everything) with my learned colleague in Troon... that way I still have some mighty Bongo action!

...although if someone would buy my cab I'd be over to trade some cash for it!

[quote name='Bigwan' post='528654' date='Jun 30 2009, 02:36 PM']Tempted, but have already agreed a trade for a Bongo 4HH (identical finish and everything) with my learned colleague in Troon... that way I still have some mighty Bongo action!

...although if someone would buy my cab I'd be over to trade some cash for it![/quote]

Ahhh my mistake, I thought your Sig said it was for trade/sale which is why I suggested it. I shoulda gone to specsavers :)

[quote name='Monz' post='529397' date='Jul 1 2009, 10:10 AM']Ahhh my mistake, I thought your Sig said it was for trade/sale which is why I suggested it. I shoulda gone to specsavers :)[/quote]

Sorry, my fault. It does still say that. I'll update it as 'pending'. Trying to figure a way to afford this...

[quote name='Monz' post='528485' date='Jun 30 2009, 11:40 AM']Bring your Bongo 5HH to Liverpool on the ferry and I'll meet you there with the Mesa :) swaps[/quote]
Is it just a Bongo or would a black 3 eq 'Ray with maple neck sway you? (and the fact that I'm 20 mins up the road in Wakey :rolleyes: )

[quote name='TPJ' post='529433' date='Jul 1 2009, 11:22 AM']Is it just a Bongo or would a black 3 eq 'Ray with maple neck sway you? (and the fact that I'm 20 mins up the road in Wakey :) )[/quote]

If you can widen the neck, change the pups and bridge, get a low B squeezed on before you get here we might have a deal :rolleyes:

[quote name='Monz' post='529456' date='Jul 1 2009, 11:51 AM']If you can widen the neck, change the pups and bridge, get a low B squeezed on before you get here we might have a deal :rolleyes:[/quote]

:)

My 5 string Warmoth fits that description but there's no way I'd part with it.

Good luck with the sale.