Why become a member? ×

Jon Shuker 5 String Bolt-On Elite Custom

zenbassuk

Here we have an excellent example of a Custom 5 String bass made by Jon Shuker one of the best kept secrets in the High End market. (www.shukerguitars.co.uk)

The bass in question was commissioned by me to my spec's with a lot of input from Jon and less than 2 years old. Having battled with a 5 string I have now decided 4 is where I need to be as my GB IV Custom is my main gigging bass. After recently acquiring a Roscoe 4 String this Shuker is not long required and deserves to go to a good home.

Here are the Specs

5 String Elite Custom

5A Flamed Maple 3 Piece Multi-Laminated Body with Black Accents

Master Grade Madrone Burl Drop Top with Matching Headstock

Book Matched Imbuya Burr Back with matching Control Cavities

5 Piece Multi-Laminate Neck
Flame Maple/Wenge/Flame Maple/Wenge/Flame Maple

24 Fret Birdseye Maple Fingerboard

ABM Individual Bridge

Brass Nut

Shuker 18v EQ -- Bass, Mid, Mid Freq, Treb

Dual EMG Pickups

Neck - EMG 40CS
Bridge - EMG 40TW - This has a Dual/Single Coil Dip Switch

High Gloss Polyester / Polyurethane finish on Body

Satin Gloss finish on Neck

Hiscox LiteFlite Case

This bass is of the highest quality and equal as good as any bass coming out of the Boutique American Market.

The sound is quite special..I had it made wanting a smooth Jazz tone and a in your face Rock tone and it certainly delivers. The eq allows you to dial in any sound you want from Jazz to P-Bass, Jaco Honk you name it..You will find it with ease. Inside the control cavity there's a 4 jumper switching unit that allows to cut freq's that you don't want to boost. This is fantastic when in studio conditions.

As mentioned everything is as it should be on a high end custom bass. Condition is very good with a few little knocks and buckle rash on the back but nothing noticeable as you can see from the pictures. Its been gigged maybe a handful otherwise home and studio use only.

Its just been re-strung and the action is set to my preference but the ABM bridge is a joy to work with and you can set it up easily. Jon also Offers free setups for life and I enquire whether this is transferable

As mentioned it comes with a Hiscox LiteFlite Hardcase which it will be shipped in for maximum protection.

I am from the Leeds area so anyone wanting to arrange a viewing is welcome. To get one of these made now to this specification would cost you £2300 when I last asked Jon and a 9month wait.

Any Questions please feel free to ask away.

Loads of Pictures can be found here

[url="http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/ZenBasses/Picture#"]http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/ZenBasses/Picture#[/url]

It is also features on Jon website.

The price includes Postage and Packing by DHL for next day delivery to anywhere in the UK Mainland. International postage is fine but it will be chargeable.

So there we have it a top notch custom bass which is totally unique and really is a 'Bass For Life'
[b][size=6]
I HAVE JUST REDUCED THIS FROM £1350 to £1250...Is Anyone Interested....???[/size][/b]

Edited by zenbassuk

[quote name='zenbassuk' post='526070' date='Jun 27 2009, 04:50 PM']Here we have an excellent example of a Custom 5 String bass made by Jon Shuker one of the best kept secrets in the High End market. (www.shukerguitars.co.uk)

The bass in question was commissioned by me to my spec's with a lot of input from Jon and less than 2 years old. Having battled with a 5 string I have now decided 4 is where I need to be as my GB IV Custom is my main gigging bass. After recently acquiring a Roscoe 4 String this Shuker is not long required and deserves to go to a good home.

Here are the Specs

5 String Elite Custom

5A Flamed Maple 3 Piece Multi-Laminated Body with Black Accents

Master Grade Madrone Burl Drop Top with Matching Headstock

Book Matched Imbuya Burr Back with matching Control Cavities

5 Piece Multi-Laminate Neck
Flame Maple/Wenge/Flame Maple/Wenge/Flame Maple

24 Fret Birdseye Maple Fingerboard

ABM Individual Bridge

Brass Nut

Shuker 18v EQ -- Bass, Mid, Mid Freq, Treb

Dual EMG Pickups

Neck - EMG 40CS
Bridge - EMG 40TW - This has a Dual/Single Coil Dip Switch

High Gloss Polyester / Polyurethane finish on Body

Satin Gloss finish on Neck

Hiscox LiteFlite Case

This bass is of the highest quality and equal as good as any bass coming out of the Boutique American Market.

The sound is quite special..I had it made wanting a smooth Jazz tone and a in your face Rock tone and it certainly delivers. The eq allows you to dial in any sound you want from Jazz to P-Bass, Jaco Honk you name it..You will find it with ease. Inside the control cavity there's a 4 jumper switching unit that allows to cut freq's that you don't want to boost. This is fantastic when in studio conditions.

As mentioned everything is as it should be on a high end custom bass. Condition is very good with a few little knocks and buckle rash on the back but nothing noticeable as you can see from the pictures. Its been gigged maybe a handful otherwise home and studio use only.

Its just been re-strung and the action is set to my preference but the ABM bridge is a joy to work with and you can set it up easily. Jon also Offers free setups for life and I enquire whether this is transferable

As mentioned it comes with a Hiscox LiteFlite Hardcase which it will be shipped in for maximum protection.

I am from the Leeds area so anyone wanting to arrange a viewing is welcome. To get one of these made now to this specification would cost you £2300 when I last asked Jon and a 9month wait.

Any Questions please feel free to ask away.

Loads of Pictures can be found here

[url="http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/ZenBasses/Picture#"]http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/ZenBasses/Picture#[/url]

It is also features on Jon website.

The price includes Postage and Packing by DHL for next day delivery to anywhere in the UK Mainland. International postage is fine but it will be chargeable.

So there we have it a top notch custom bass which is totally unique and really is a 'Bass For Life'[/quote]

Damm just bought a shker 6 fretless and am looking to change my 5 string now to a sei or a shuker.
Just when i thought it was safe to look at the for sale section again!!!!

bump on me.

[quote name='ziggydolphinboy' post='526077' date='Jun 27 2009, 05:03 PM']Damm just bought a shker 6 fretless and am looking to change my 5 string now to a sei or a shuker.
Just when i thought it was safe to look at the for sale section again!!!!

bump on me.[/quote]

I've got two Shukers & your right, they are one of the best kept secrets in the top end market, top notch build, look great & are harmonically stunning, this is an absolute steal at this price & probably won't be up long, whoever buy this will be one happy bunny! good luck with the sale.

[quote name='zenbassuk' post='526070' date='Jun 27 2009, 04:50 PM']Jon Shuker one of the best kept secrets in the High End market. (www.shukerguitars.co.uk)
The price includes Postage and Packing by DHL for next day delivery to anywhere in the UK Mainland. International postage is fine but it will be chargeable.[/quote]

Welcome!

Jon's no secret around these parts, try a search :)

I can't see an asking price.....

EDIT oh it's £1350 and in the sub title..
That doesn't always show so you may want to add it into your original post.

Edited by OldGit

• 4 weeks later...

[quote name='zenbassuk' post='553104' date='Jul 27 2009, 07:46 PM']This Bass is still up for sale....Had a bit of interest but no ones bitten.

If anyone is interested please drop me a PM.

Its sat here looking lonely and needs a good home to go too.

ZenBass[/quote]

Hopefully at ten tomoz i sell my fender jazz bass!!!! :rolleyes: :lol: ( But knowing my luck it wont go :) )
Then ill be in the market for something. :D

• 1 month later...

After much interest this Shuker 5 String Elite Bolt On is still unsold.

The price is 1250 and will include postage and packaing with insurance.

She's a lovely bass and in need of a good home.

If anyone's interested please contact me

Kindest Regards

ZenBass

Edited by zenbassuk

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...