Why become a member? ×

original lakland duck dunn

nash

there was one before the CAR version? i know there was a fender version at some point.

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LAKLAND-ORIGINAL-DUCK-DUNN-SKYLINE-P-BASS_W0QQitemZ140328533369QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV?hash=item20ac3b7d79&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A12|66%3A2|39%3A1|72%3A1688|240%3A1318|301%3A1|293%3A1|294%3A50"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LAKLAND-ORIGINAL-DUC...93%3A1|294%3A50[/url]

[quote name='nash' post='525319' date='Jun 26 2009, 09:04 PM']there was one before the CAR version? i know there was a fender version at some point.[/quote]

Assuming this is the same bass, it attracted quite a lot of attention when it was sold last year.

As a Lakland fan, I was surprised to learn that the original Duck Dunn model was simply a Bob Glaub with a couple of minor cosmetic changes. The whole Jazz neck on a Precision body + CAR thing came along later.

I have to say that as soon as I got my DD it ousted my BG from the rack, and I sold the Bob Glaub just a couple of months later. The BG is a truly excellent P-bass, but the neck on the DD just plays so well ...

...there was one for sale at my local store: Absolute - it looked like a BG to me so I emailed Dan Lakin - this is his reply:
"That was actually A Duck Dunn special edition. It is basically a Glaub with a gold anodized pickguard. Only 30 were actually made."
So quite the collectors item. However, after owning a BG and now a DD - this is deffo a BG.

ShaunB

[quote name='ShaunB' post='526010' date='Jun 27 2009, 03:44 PM']...there was one for sale at my local store: Absolute - it looked like a BG to me so I emailed Dan Lakin - this is his reply:
"That was actually A Duck Dunn special edition. It is basically a Glaub with a gold anodized pickguard. Only 30 were actually made."
So quite the collectors item. However, after owning a BG and now a DD - this is deffo a BG.

ShaunB[/quote]

Only 30 were actually made...! I've seen 3 for sale (I am inc' the one advertised by Absolute but NOT the FIVE times that this particular bass has been listed :rolleyes: ) on eBay in the last 3 months; so either someone has their stats wrong or every UK owner has decided to move their DD Sp Ed on at the same time. :)

[quote name='RhysP' post='533198' date='Jul 5 2009, 06:39 PM']This went for £510.00 this afternoon - anyone on here get it?[/quote]

That's got to hurt the seller... £510 minus final value fees and if the seller pays by paypal then he's looking @ £470 (net)! :)

[quote name='ShaunB' post='526010' date='Jun 27 2009, 03:44 PM']...there was one for sale at my local store: Absolute - it looked like a BG to me so I emailed Dan Lakin - this is his reply:

ShaunB[/quote]

This one belongs to me now. Maybe it was a bit pricey (although I didn't pay the asking price) but its as new. Lovely, lovely bass!