Why become a member? ×

Carol Kaye or James Jamerson

grahamlparker

[quote name='Low End Bee' post='525473' date='Jun 26 2009, 10:53 PM']I can't believe it's taken me this long to come up with the reply....[b][i]Hey Lord. Don't ask me questions.[/i][/b][/quote]

You 'Silly Thing', just 'Between You And Me', 'That's What They All Say'. . .

I'll get me coat & my 'Soul Shoes' on and 'New York Shuffle' outta here :)

[quote]You 'Silly Thing', just 'Between You And Me', 'That's What They All Say'. . .
I'll get me coat & my 'Soul Shoes' on and 'New York Shuffle' outta here rolleyes.gif[/quote]

While you are doing that I will sit and watch the moon come down but Hey Lord, Dont Ask Me Questions

Goddamn the Parkerilla was (and still is) awesome

[quote name='grahamlparker' post='525018' date='Jun 26 2009, 05:08 PM']Carol Kaye played with a pick whereas James Jameson plucked with just one finger. Who would you choose between these two early bass guitar pioneers?[/quote]
I'm not interested in choosing between them. Two great players, both Jamerson and Kaye. It's not either one or the other. Stupid question - it's like being in primary school.

[quote name='EssentialTension' post='525625' date='Jun 27 2009, 01:34 AM']I'm not interested in choosing between them. Two great players, both Jamerson and Kaye. It's not either one or the other. Stupid question - it's like being in primary school.[/quote]

A big +1 on that.

[quote name='EssentialTension' post='525625' date='Jun 27 2009, 01:34 AM']I'm not interested in choosing between them. Two great players, both Jamerson and Kaye. It's not either one or the other. Stupid question -[b] it's like being in primary school.[/b][/quote]

+1
:) :rolleyes:

Garry

Edited by lowdown

[quote name='EssentialTension' post='525625' date='Jun 27 2009, 01:34 AM']I'm not interested in choosing between them. Two great players, both Jamerson and Kaye. It's not either one or the other. Stupid question - it's like being in primary school.[/quote]

+3

[quote name='bythesea' post='525831' date='Jun 27 2009, 11:54 AM']I was a teacher in a primary school. Maybe I should have asked the question. Always thought that some of the questions I had to ask were stupid - that's what the literacy hour was like. :)[/quote]
Point taken but, of course, I didn't mean the teachers.

Ah, hang on, neither do you, you mean the government's primary literacy strategy. :rolleyes: