Why become a member? ×

Fretless celinder for sale

batukarma

Hey Guys,

I´m putting my Celinder fretless 4 up for sale because I´m dead broke. Danish alder body w. flamed maple top, rio-rosewood fingerboard, celinder passive p.u. , one 3-switch blend, 1 vol. 1 tone. This bass is my 4th fretless celinder and by far the best of them. It sings like my old fenders, huge tone, low super fast action. It is from 94 and has been played so much that it feels and sounds like a true vintage - only without the fuzz. It´s an awesome player. The fingerboard is in mint condition and shows hardly any wear as it was refinished by christian celinder 3 years back. I´m asking 1400 pounds plus shipping.
I´m going on tour tomorrow and probably will be off-line for the next week or so but will respond as soon as I can to any questions.

[quote name='benwhiteuk' post='525015' date='Jun 26 2009, 05:05 PM']Beautiful looking instrument. Forgive my ignorance (because it is just that), but has this been de-fretted?[/quote]

Hi Ben,
No, it was always a fretless. I know this because I know the original owner who is quite a big name in DK, plus I got the history of the bass of Chris.

[quote name='Beedster' post='525303' date='Jun 26 2009, 08:43 PM']Hi batukarma
Welcome to BC. Where are you based? Also, are there any fret markers/dots on the upper edge of the neck, and if so, are they in line with the lines or the dots on the fretboard?
Chris[/quote]

Hi Chris,

Thank you very much. I´m sorry I skipped the introduction, but I´m new to the site and didn´t quite grasp the etiquette. I´m based in Copenhagen - infact just around the corner from Celinders workshop. Which I guess explaines the fact that I´ve gone through so many of his bases. Up untill the last few years there was always a ready supply and I´ve always endorsed his work.
The the dots on the egde of the neck are placed in 60´s Jaco-style and are in line with the dots on the fingerboard and the fret markers are visable from a playing position aswell.
Please don´t hesitate to ask if you have any further question

/Peter

Oh sweet mother of god, this is a bargain and better than a Pentabuzz. Someone snag this one before temptation gets the better of me. I really don't need another fretless but...

...oi, oi, oi.

[quote name='batukarma' post='525474' date='Jun 26 2009, 10:54 PM']Hi Chris,

Thank you very much. I´m sorry I skipped the introduction, but I´m new to the site and didn´t quite grasp the etiquette. I´m based in Copenhagen - infact just around the corner from Celinders workshop. Which I guess explaines the fact that I´ve gone through so many of his bases. Up untill the last few years there was always a ready supply and I´ve always endorsed his work.
The the dots on the egde of the neck are placed in 60´s Jaco-style and are in line with the dots on the fingerboard and the fret markers are visable from a playing position aswell.
Please don´t hesitate to ask if you have any further question

/Peter[/quote]
Hi Peter
Thanks for the reply, I so wish you were in the UK!

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='525552' date='Jun 27 2009, 12:25 AM']Oh sweet mother of god, this is a bargain and better than a Pentabuzz. Someone snag this one before temptation gets the better of me. I really don't need another fretless but...

...oi, oi, oi.[/quote]

I'm sure you said the Pentabuzz was the ultimate fretless CK :)
C

[quote name='Beedster' post='525582' date='Jun 27 2009, 12:52 AM']I'm sure you said the Pentabuzz was the ultimate fretless CK :)
C[/quote]
I did but that's before I tried the mahogany bodied, fretless 5 string at Chris's workshop last month. It was warmer than the Pentabuzz and had as much singing sustain although the Pentabuzz still trumped it for midrange growl. If anyone plays 4's exclusively and wants a warm, singing fretless I can't think of a better instrument, especially at this price.

[quote name='Beedster' post='525582' date='Jun 26 2009, 11:52 PM']Hi Peter
Thanks for the reply, I so wish you were in the UK!

I'm sure you said the Pentabuzz was the ultimate fretless CK :)
C[/quote]

Hi Chris,

I often go to London for session work. If you are in the London area it wouldn´t be a problem to hook up somewhere where they have an amp, so you could try it out. The thing is that I´m really broke- and desperate. I´ve sworn twice over never to depart with this baby so I would really like to end my pains as soon as possible. :rolleyes:

• 4 weeks later...