Why become a member? ×

Yamaha TRB5 fretless bass & case **SOLD**

slingo

Rare opportunity to buy this beautiful fretless bass. This bass just growls and is just gorgeous to behold, finished in charcoal black with the transparent high gloss finish allowing the grain to show through. Bolt on neck is maple with fret-lined rosewood fingerboard. It is fitted with 3 band EQ, bass and treble boost/cut, 3 way mid selectable mid switch, master volume and pickup pan, and Yamaha's own brilliant active hum-cancelling bass humbucker pickups. Machine heads and bridge are gold-plated.

NB There is one tiny little ding underneath (i.e. the bit that would rest on your knee if you were sitting down to play). Its about 1mm square, if that. Apart from that it is in mint condition.

Supplied in fitted plush-lined Yamaha hard case. The case alone currently retails for £110. There are a few minor marks and cuts on the case as you would expect with general wear and tear.

This is a very reluctant sale but it's not being used so has to go to a good home. More photos available on request.

Please note this is the superior series one Japanese bass not the series two or the Korean TRB 1005

Bargain at £350 ono

Edited by slingo

Hi there
Was looking at this just last night, im going to needing a fretless for a show im doing called "rent" this looks fantastic, is it a defretted model?or factory fretless, also if its a series one it wont be 35" scale, not a deal breaker though great basses, just working on the wife at the mo, big bump for a gorgeous bass.
all the best - lee

I'm I going mental... (!)... but why does this look like a series 1 body with series 2 pickups in it?

That said, for 350 quid it ain't dear. Almost makes me thing about fighting with fretless again. AND... I have to go to Manchester on Monday. Wonder what getting frets put in would cost.... :)

[quote name='aj5string' post='524155' date='Jun 25 2009, 09:56 PM']Trades?[/quote]

Sorry - I have no need for another bass so I just need to sell this one as it just doesn't get played, so looking for cash only I'm afraid.

[quote name='lee650' post='524327' date='Jun 26 2009, 12:00 AM']Hi there
Was looking at this just last night, im going to needing a fretless for a show im doing called "rent" this looks fantastic, is it a defretted model?or factory fretless, also if its a series one it wont be 35" scale, not a deal breaker though great basses, just working on the wife at the mo, big bump for a gorgeous bass.
all the best - lee[/quote]

It's a factory fretless and definitely series one. I love just looking at it its a gorgeous bass but it needs to go as it doesn't get played nowadays

[quote name='thepurpleblob' post='524494' date='Jun 26 2009, 06:45 AM']I'm I going mental... (!)... but why does this look like a series 1 body with series 2 pickups in it?

That said, for 350 quid it ain't dear. Almost makes me thing about fighting with fretless again. AND... I have to go to Manchester on Monday. Wonder what getting frets put in would cost.... :rolleyes:[/quote]

It's definitely a series one and has never been modded. As far as fretting it - thats your call. It does have fretlines on it just no frets! Seems a shame to deface it with frets.... :)