Why become a member? ×

Ashdown MAG300

[quote name='richardrickenbacker' post='523882' date='Jun 25 2009, 05:08 PM']Hi guys,

Up for grabs in my Ashdown MAG300 115 combo.
Don't play anymore and it's a bit too powerful for practice.

£300 cash.

Willing to trade up for smaller version of Ashdown amp or other brand.
So if you think your electric blue is not powerful enough, bung a few quid on top and trade up with me.
I really don't need 300 watts.

Thanks for looking.

PS West Midlands area.[/quote]
Great sounding amps, worth every penny, how come your letting this go so cheap? its a bargain! I used to have one of these & have regretted letting it go ever since, if I had the dosh I would be seriously tempted.....

[quote name='giblett123' post='524512' date='Jun 26 2009, 07:41 AM']Great sounding amps, worth every penny, how come your letting this go so cheap? its a bargain! I used to have one of these & have regretted letting it go ever since, if I had the dosh I would be seriously tempted.....[/quote]

You can get them brand new for £315.

And you're only getting 170/180 watts, the speaker is an 8 ohm, so won't draw the full 300 watts specified at 4 ohms.

Great little amp, I've had one for 4 years and it's been awesome.
For purpose of your sale it might be wise to give an idea of where it was made, and what year. There have a been a few problems in the past with the chinese ones.

Price is very much too high unless this is brand brand new, you havn't specified how old, how heavily gigged etc.

An idea of condition would be a good thing - some pictures is the best way of doing this.

Good luck with the sale, if you have troubles selling it set do what I did: take the head out of the combo and build a case for it, then use a small cab. This would drive a nice little 1/10 cab quite tidily.

All the best,

Ben

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

[quote name='richardrickenbacker' post='523882' date='Jun 25 2009, 04:08 PM']Ashdown MAG 300 115.
Great condition (see photos), used once for gig and home practice.

Cheapest new ones are on Thomann and are £315, this is an older model a couple of years old.

£220

Collection only or meet local.
West Midlands, Oldbury, B68.[/quote]

Hi - I'm up for lookingat it - again!! You've got my number

[quote name='richardrickenbacker' post='529914' date='Jul 1 2009, 07:12 PM']Plus you gotta wait weeks and weeks for delivery.[/quote]

Just wanted to add i have never waited more than 5 days for anything from Thomanns.
Ive ordered loads of stuff and delivery is very good. Order on Monday and good arrive Friday IME.

Sorry, just wanted to put the record straight.

These MAGs are great, i have one and did close to 100 gigs with it. Good luck with the sale.

EDIT: Sorry, didnt realise how old this thread is.

Edited by dave_bass5