Why become a member? ×

Living Colour

NancyJohnson

Took delivery of the the aforementioned DVD this morning - managed to watch about half of it during my lunchbreak. Amazing...I've been a Living Colour fan since I got a tape of the pre-Vivid demos before that album came out.

OK so they're not running around like madman as of old, they've put on a few pounds and Corey Glover has dropped the Body Glove clothing (he looks like he's just stepped off the footplate of an old 'Casey Jones' locomotive), but it's a joy to see a live DVD. I just hope someone sees sense to put out the Primer and Time Tunnel videos on DVD.

Doug Wimbush makes it look so damn easy.
P

• 2 weeks later...

One of our cats is called Scoop. Heh.
P

[attachment=2304:scoop.jpg]

[quote name='Scoop' post='59630' date='Sep 13 2007, 01:22 AM']In decades past I was employed by their label to be their freelance marketing consultant - this may explain why they never made it huge - stunning band. Always have been, always will be.

Sigh. And they're not even paying me to say it anymore.[/quote]

Muzz Skillings was going to be a fireman before Living Colour got signed - on the Primer video the band (well, Glover and Calhoun) were ripping the piss out of him about the possibility of turning up to gigs in his FDNY gear, or leaving mid-show because there was a fire somewhere. All I know now is that he's playing rhythm guitar for a functions band in New York. I preferred Muzzy over Doug to be honest.

I only saw Living Colour a couple of times - this really saddens me as they were my favourite band for a long, long time - I did however catch the Doug Wimbush clinic at the Bass Centre when it was over in Wapping. I actually took my wife with me (who came on as reserve when the guy I was supposed to be going with dropped out at the last minute) - she loved it and said it couldn't have been more entertaining.

P

[quote name='steve-soar' post='60894' date='Sep 15 2007, 05:32 PM']Didn't Muzz Skillings leave to be a fireman ? :) Saw them on the Vivid tour at Manchester Poly.[/quote]

Edited by NancyJohnson

Muzz Skillings made me the bass player I am today - gawd bless those fast fingers and fills. Only saw them once (Glasgow Barrowlands on the Time's Up tour, what was that, 1991?) but what a show and what a player. Then I remember him popping up in some Michael Jackson video after he left LC and felt really bad for him....

I'd take Skillings over Wimbish every time.

Finally got my copy! Arrived Saturday morning but it's the first free while I can enjoy it.
They're great, that's all. I hope it's a headphones matter, but I'm feeling Doug's bass a little bit lost in the mix. Tomorrow I'll try to listen it pushing the plug earphones to my head 'till they don't touch each other

Edited by muya