Why become a member? ×

Ashdown Mini 48 4x8" 8 ohmn 600w

steve-soar

• 2 weeks later...

That's a little premature, although I too have been looking at it. Not sure if it's carpetted as standard, and not sure from the pictures if its worn, so at £160 and rising, I'll give it a miss.

Steve, I'm interested in yours but I'd need to get it recovered (as it's mainly going to be used indoors for practice, so it's got to look pretty mint). Any idea how much such a job would cost as I don't have the tools (or indeed skills) to do it myself?

Cheers :)

I'm afraid that's no arguement at all. I've just sold my Sony Vaio laptop for half of it's original value (about £1'200) because it's successor has been release for 2/3rds the price. The expression I used was that I felt that my tackle had been placed on the kitchen side and tenderised! Ouch :)

Considering the length of time this thread has been active for, I'll leave my offer on the table over the weekend...

Thanks

[quote name='steve-soar' post='67852' date='Sep 30 2007, 07:54 PM']Thanks for your valuable and well rounded input. I don't want to get rid of the cab for the sake of it, I just wanted to get a fair price for a good bit of kit.
I've sold a lot of stuff in the past and can suss out who the tyre kickers are and who are the interested people.
What do you mean by, "why am I selling it so fast?" :)[/quote]

iv clearly showed interest in this cab and made offers, twice on this thread, so if your reffering me as a 'tyre kicker' then you are somehow very confused.

you have owned the cab for 2 months, i was askin why you have decided to sell so quickly after buying

My offer's withdrawn.

Kev does have a valid point. It's almost like you're getting rid because there's an aspect of the cab you don't like, or because there's an issue with it. I was simply going to use it for solo practice in which case I need something relatively small but could 'light up' when I wanted it to. I'd not be looking to gig with it otherwise I'd definitely would have kept my Hartkes, but tone is important.

Now this is either a 'feeler' thread, or you're genuinely interested in making the sale. Why don't you answer Kev's question. You never know, he may raise his offer if it's something he really wants, and you may even sell it if you're prepared to make a slightly bigger sacrifice than originally intended. Way of the world. :)

Wow, I've just caught up with this thread. I have to own up as being the perpetrator of that scuffing. It was caused by two cabs rubbing together in the boot of a Merc A-Class as you can see on this pic from the Ashdown web site.

I bought this cab from new in January 2003. Along with its twin, I gigged them for about 18-months before going from the sublime to the ridiculous and getting an SWR Goliath Senior. I then sold this cab to kneale from Merseyside. A friend of mine still has the other.

A pair of these cabs are amazingly punchy. In one pub we played there was so much bass that the drummer’s hat used to rotate on his head. I eventually sold them because as my hearing deteriorated I found that I couldn’t hear myself when standing directly in front. At 30 feet however they were awesome. They are fine cabs for indoor use, if a little heavy at 30 kg.

So there you have it, a continuous history and a great bargain, and no I'm not getting paid to write this.

[quote name='BassManKev' post='68230' date='Oct 1 2007, 04:35 PM']iv clearly showed interest in this cab and made offers, twice on this thread, so if your reffering me as a 'tyre kicker' then you are somehow very confused.[/quote]

Lowballing and "making an offer" are slightly different things mate. Also you and Chester should have done any price negotiations via PM, especially if they're lowball take-the-piss offers like yours. I've done it before, most people have, I'd just never be so RUDE as to drag it out here for everyone to see.

[quote name='Chester']Kev does have a valid point. It's almost like you're getting rid because there's an aspect of the cab you don't like, or because there's an issue with[/quote]

That's RIDICULOUS! The same could be said for everything in the for sale section. Everyone has reasons for selling else they wouldn't put things up for sale. Stands to reason. If you bought it and it had some kind of technical issue that he'd neglected to tell you, he'd be liable for compensation/returns/public shaming. But IT DOESN'T! I owned that cab after OBBM, there's nothing wrong with it apart from the cosmetic damage on the side. Saying "You're selling it, therefore it must be crap" is just unbelievable.

Subjuctive discussion of the TONE of these cabs (which loads of people have btw) can be discussed in the Amps and Cabs section. Also [url="http://reviews.harmony-central.com/reviews/Bass+Amp/product/Ashdown/ABM-MINI+48+Cabinet/10/1"]Harmony-central[/url] and Talkbass have loads of user reviews. Also, [url="http://Subjuctive%20discussion%20of%20the%20TONE%20of%20these%20cabs%20(which%20loads%20of%20people%20have%20btw)%20need%20to%20be%20in%20the%20amps%20and%20cabs%20section,%20it's"]the auction that our friend bassmankev was referring to[/url] has finished now for £207 plus postage, but of course he only refers to auctions that are still going so that the prices seem lower.

Sorry for the rant Steve but this kind of thing is happening more and more lately and it needs to stop.

MB1. :)

Great cabs the Ashdown ABM minis.I have the 4x8 and the 1x15 very portable ,fit in the back of the car,sound great.Have come close myself on occasion,to selling them,but on using them again ,changed my mind(done this a couple of times).Great price! even with the scuff,Ashdown charge silly prices for covers so if your selling with the cover.....a bonus!.£170s a good price!