Why become a member? ×

Bass magazines

KASH

[quote name='Huge Hands' post='515189' date='Jun 16 2009, 12:23 PM']I often pop into the WHSmith at Victoria station.

Once you've dug past all the copies of Rhythmn and various g****r magazines, they're usually in there somewhere.[/quote]

sweet, I work close to victoria :)

WH Smith up here occassionally have them but as the man says you have to be quick and to hunt for them.
Anyway my point being here when you do find one check the subscription rate, I've noticed lots of magazines the subscription price can be far less than the cover price(even if it is only for the first year)
I remember buying the American mag BASS and the subscription flyer saved 70% on the cover price but sadly didnt extend abroad (ie here)
I thing there is a website that deals with subs to almost any mag

PS a sub to ur favourite mag is always anice gift!!!

BB

When I used to work in the west end, you could always get it.
I've noticed over the last few months wh smith( richmond,waterloo ,city thameslink station)
have all failed to stock them.
The last issue I got was from the Chancery lane branch. I'll try there this week

Other than that, no idea

Just to back up my original post:

In the Victoria station WHSmith, I have found the following two issues:

1. I don't know if it's because they buy limited stock and run out, or whether it's because they remove non-selling stock too quickly, but there does appear to be regular times in the month where there are no bass mags, or only BGM, or only BP. I don't buy them that often (hence not wanting a subscription), but the last one I bought was the recent one with Flea and his beginner bass.

2. Getting past the crowds of "readers" in that section, i.e. people who want to read the mags but have no intention of buying - can be a nightmare. I had to literally push two guys out of the way when I bought the last one because they refused to acknowledge my various polite requests to move so I could get to the shelves.

It's weird with WH Smith, they have three pricing policies depending on the store type. The big one in Ealing have BP and BGM, the bigger one in Westfield Shepherds Bush only have BP.

I don't like WH Smith at all, there is one in the building where I work and (although I won't eat them) they are selling Ginsters Cornish pasties for £2.49 when they are £1.25 in most other joints. A packet of rizlas can be anything from 40p to 55p. Plus, you pay for your BP and you get "want a giant bar of Galaxy half price?" plus some daft voucher.

Edited by silddx

[quote name='BarnacleBob' post='516194' date='Jun 17 2009, 10:20 AM']Rizlas AND half price Galaxy - sounds ideal! :)

Bb[/quote]

You need to remember your WHS Rizla are costing you more than double than at Waitrose so one tends to choke on the Galaxy :rolleyes: