Why become a member? ×

70s Precision advice

Is it your bass?

Just my initial observations but... the body looks as though it has been stripped/refinished at some point, the upper strap button has been moved, it's had a refret and IMHO doesn't have any real 'kerb appeal'. :rolleyes:

I'm not saying the bass is a 'wrong un' but I'd not rush out to buy it even if it were cheaper. :) Just my thoughts!

No not mine, i had it in my watch list just to see what happened - it's a sunburst i am after.

Fenders are a mystery to me, I would like a nice vintage precision but, as you can tell, I would probably get stiffed :)

if the neck had been totally refinished could that just be botched replacement decal?

Bb

[quote name='BarnacleBob' post='512763' date='Jun 13 2009, 01:01 PM']if the neck had been totally refinished could that just be botched replacement decal?[/quote]

I would guess so. The neck and tuners are correct for the pre '73 type. I think its a lovely bass which just needs a little sorting out.