Why become a member? ×

Question; Wondering if its worth it to buy a jazz bass?

SlipperySquid

[quote name='EBS_freak' post='510578' date='Jun 10 2009, 07:59 PM'][url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pA2rorUcqL0"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pA2rorUcqL0[/url]

one Fender Jazz bass...

and yes, he did have a signature model of which only 42 were made.[/quote]

I have No 29
I believe Stuart Clayton has one too
[attachment=26878:IMAG0459.JPG][attachment=26880:IMAG0466.JPG][attachment=26879:IMAG0464.JPG]

[quote name='Golchen' post='510568' date='Jun 10 2009, 07:52 PM']I had a bad case of Jazz GAS, so I looked and looked and got a real good un ....... and I LOVE IT!!!! Best bass ever (well, out of those I've tried)

It's a Reggie Hamilton V, as shown in my avatar.[/quote]
You've got my interest up in this Reggie Hamilton V. Is it discontinued? If anyone knows where there's one that can be tried out, do pray tell. :)

[quote name='SlipperySquid' post='510880' date='Jun 11 2009, 09:11 AM']Bloody bass whores!!!!

Now look what you've done to the thread :rolleyes:

What I'd like to know is what makes a jazz bass a jazz bass? I know the basic fender style but what of the more exotic looking basses with dual humbuckers etc? Is it mainly down to neck size/shape? or does it just come down to the overall sound of the thing?[/quote]
[quote name='Born 2B Mild' post='510560' date='Jun 10 2009, 07:44 PM']Buy it, try it, keep it or move it. So long as it is pre-owned you've got nothing to lose![/quote]
This is the best response to your question.
Great basses, love the sound and shape, don't actually have one! :)

[quote name='soopercrip' post='511052' date='Jun 11 2009, 11:50 AM']I have No 29
I believe Stuart Clayton has one too
[attachment=26878:IMAG0459.JPG][attachment=26880:IMAG0466.JPG][attachment=26879:IMAG0464.JPG][/quote]

Oh that is just SO not fair! How much did that set you back?

and to answer the topic - get a fender american j-bass - best bass I ever bought (the only bass I've ever bought - my first was given to me and I've only ever own'd 2). I tried out almost every bass in GAK before settling on the j-bass... and i play quite a bit of slap. Seriously, with new strings... oooh... i did a man wee thinking of it.... :)

[quote name='iamapirate' post='512328' date='Jun 12 2009, 05:44 PM']Oh that is just SO not fair! How much did that set you back?

and to answer the topic - get a fender american j-bass - best bass I ever bought (the only bass I've ever bought - my first was given to me and I've only ever own'd 2). I tried out almost every bass in GAK before settling on the j-bass... and i play quite a bit of slap. Seriously, with new strings... oooh... i did a man wee thinking of it.... :)[/quote]
+100 Pirate..A new set of nickles or steels on a jass is a supreme growly, funky, awsome tone..My custom shop with a slighty worn in set of DR's through an Aguilar, is the best thing ive heard on an electric bass..

[quote name='iamapirate' post='512328' date='Jun 12 2009, 05:44 PM']Oh that is just SO not fair! How much did that set you back?

and to answer the topic - get a fender american j-bass - best bass I ever bought (the only bass I've ever bought - my first was given to me and I've only ever own'd 2). I tried out almost every bass in GAK before settling on the j-bass... and i play quite a bit of slap. Seriously, with new strings... oooh... i did a man wee thinking of it.... :rolleyes:[/quote]

Well i'm missing a left leg... :)

+100 Pirate? ooooh meeeooooowwwww!!!