Why become a member? ×

Crap day.........car went bang.........got to sell a bass...

voxpop

Well I've had a really crap day........picture this.

10 miles from home get to a set of traffic lights and I hear a clunking sound then a whir then a much bigger clunk and then the gear box implodes on its self in the most awkward place, right in front of a red light...........lights turn green and I'm holding up the rush hour traffic with a F**ked gear box in a car thats going nowhere fast.

To the point of this tale.......................

I now need to sell a bass very quickly..........so who would like a Spector NS-5xl maple for £1450.

[attachment=26808:ns5.JPG]

[attachment=26809:ns5_3.JPG]

[attachment=26810:ns5_4.JPG]

Please Pm me if you are interested............................I'm now going to kick and beat the car with a very large stick.

Edited by voxpop

[quote name='voxpop' post='509428' date='Jun 9 2009, 07:40 PM']Well I've had a really crap day........picture this.

10 miles from home get to a set of traffic lights and I hear a clunking sound then a whir then a much bigger clunk and then the gear box implodes on its self in the most awkward place, right in front of a red light...........lights turn green and I'm holding up the rush hour traffic with a F**ked gear box in a car thats going nowhere fast.

To the point of this tale.......................

I now need to sell a bass very quickly..........so who would like a Spector NS-5xl maple for £1450.

[attachment=26808:ns5.JPG]

[attachment=26809:ns5_3.JPG]

[attachment=26810:ns5_4.JPG]

Please Pm me if you are interested............................I'm now going to kick and beat the car with a very large stick.[/quote]
Basil!

This is indeed a really lovely example of an NS5XL.

It's in great condition, plays beautifully, not as heavy as some & has the perfect Spector tone :rolleyes:

A great buy for whoever ends up with it!

What a bugger about the car though Marc, so sorry to hear that :)

[quote name='molan' post='509553' date='Jun 9 2009, 09:08 PM']This is indeed a really lovely example of an NS5XL.

It's in great condition, plays beautifully, not as heavy as some & has the perfect Spector tone :rolleyes:

A great buy for whoever ends up with it!

What a bugger about the car though Marc, so sorry to hear that :)[/quote]

It really is a bugger as I love that Spector sound....................................thats life.

Time to start saving for another one in the future.

[quote name='voxpop' post='509571' date='Jun 9 2009, 09:26 PM']It really is a bugger as I love that Spector sound....................................thats life.

Time to start saving for another one in the future.[/quote]

If you ever need to borrow one for recording or something Marc just let me know - I'm sure we could work something out as my maple one lives in Fleet most of the time so not far from you :)

[quote name='molan' post='509760' date='Jun 10 2009, 12:01 AM']If you ever need to borrow one for recording or something Marc just let me know - I'm sure we could work something out as my maple one lives in Fleet most of the time so not far from you :)[/quote]

Thanks...you are a star.

And thanks to everyone for there kind words................... :rolleyes:

Yep, sorry to hear that too Marc.
The good thing is at least you didn't have to wait too long to sell this bass and have the money to repair you car.
In fact I assume you were a GAS victim (Gearbox Acquisition Syndrome) :)

To the next happy player of this beautiful, I have Marc's former Euro 5 since a few days now and nothing to worry about : Marc is very honest and sells great basses in great condition.

Tim

[quote name='tym_b' post='509990' date='Jun 10 2009, 10:52 AM']Yep, sorry to hear that too Marc.
The good thing is at least you didn't have to wait too long to sell this bass and have the money to repair you car.
In fact I assume you were a GAS victim (Gearbox Acquisition Syndrome) :rolleyes:

To the next happy player of this beautiful, I have Marc's former Euro 5 since a few days now and nothing to worry about : Marc is very honest and sells great basses in great condition.

Tim[/quote]

Thanks Tim :) You're a star.

err if it is of any use I was just about to scrap my old car mot till aug tax only to the end of this month. Its old and well gigged, but runs fine, Anyway its free to a good home and it is just outside oxford so not to far away from you.

PM me if it sounds like it might be of use.

Pete

[quote name='Peaty' post='510280' date='Jun 10 2009, 03:40 PM']err if it is of any use I was just about to scrap my old car mot till aug tax only to the end of this month. Its old and well gigged, but runs fine, Anyway its free to a good home and it is just outside oxford so not to far away from you.

PM me if it sounds like it might be of use.

Pete[/quote]

Thanks Pete for the offer. I'm going to use my wifes untill I can get this one fixed.
Many thanks again.......The kindness of fellow basschatters has left me very humbled.
Thanks again to all that have offered help.