Why become a member? ×

Squier vintage modified 75 natural jazz

andy67

may have to sell these...

back on.....

my squier vm 75 jazz, 3 months old and flawless - modified with badass II bridge and schaller tuners at an extra cost of £100!

see pics below....£200 as is and thats a lot of bass for that price!

Edited by andy67

I am a newbie here in terms of posting but I look at the for sale ads regularly as I want to move up the scale from my Ibanez BTB200 which has been my beginner bass for around a year now and am interested in the Squier vintage modified jazz.

You say ' modified with badass II bridge and schaller tuners at an extra cost of £100 '. As well as being a newbie I am not experienced in the way of tweaking basses ... can you tell me why the mods and what the improvement is?

Hope I don't come over as a bit of a dork - I guess I need to improve my knowledge of the Bass Guitar and it's tweaks and mods!

[quote name='andy67' post='53440' date='Aug 31 2007, 03:49 PM']may have to sell these...

My:

svm 75 jazz, 2 months old and flawless - modified with badass II bridge and schaller tuners at an extra cost of £100!

svm precision TB, 4 months old and flawless - modified with fender american pbass bridge and schaller tuners at an extra cost of £100

sell both for £500 or £250 a piece![/quote]

They were very expensive tuners and bridges, especially on the Precision? If they cost you that much you'd be better off selling the basses with the originals (at a lower price) and selling the tuners/bridges seperately. Having said that, Fender bridges go for less than a tenner on ebay...
Chris

[quote name='andy67' post='54106' date='Sep 2 2007, 10:33 AM']just keeping up with the joneses mate....[/quote]

No, Paul was correct. It's annoying to other guys using the forum and, it also makes you seem overly desperate to sell your basses, which will also put folks off. Every other day is about right. Other peole's threads are being pushed up certainly, but usually by responses, you're not getting many, but that's life.
Chris

[quote name='andy67' post='54243' date='Sep 2 2007, 04:14 PM']also if the mods are looking in...please delete the thread as I really dont want to appear desperate, and I'm probably not going to sell.[/quote]

Well what a waste of time that was then.....

• 5 weeks later...

hanson - yes the squier modified jazz is still up for sale with the modifications (bridge & tuners) for £200

Lowdown - thanks for recognising that this jazz is now, as good as a highway 1 jazz! and yes still up for sale....^

yes it should be.

would need to get a box - shouldn't be too difficult! and reckon it would cost around £15 - £20 recorded delivery.

I had it set up professionally at the weekend - cost me nothing - but the bass is sounding and playing beautifully....almost decided to keep it!

also...my ebay id is and200367, look this up and you'll get an idea of me when buying and selling as well as having the ability to contact me.

cheers

andy

Edited by andy67

Ahh I really wanna Buy the Jazz , but ive only got till friday when i can and my wage hasnt come through yet!!
Im off college for a week , and after that its gonna be really hard to get someone in the house to take a delivery.
What are the chances of the bass being delivered for friday??

[quote name='Hanson' post='77967' date='Oct 23 2007, 12:18 AM']Ahh I really wanna Buy the Jazz , but ive only got till friday when i can and my wage hasnt come through yet!!
Im off college for a week , and after that its gonna be really hard to get someone in the house to take a delivery.
What are the chances of the bass being delivered for friday??[/quote]

hi mate..

if you get the money to me for thursday, I reckon I could have it you by friday, next day royal mail service, however could it be sent to another address?

cheers

andy