Why become a member? ×

Sandberg Basic Ken Taylor 5

martthebass

This Basc Ken Taylor 5 is a gorgeous bass, lovely creamy sound from the double humbucker (Delano's) configuration - more vintage in tone than you'd expect. It's very flexible and switchable (push-pull) active/passive and the coil tap allows single coil operation to give a more Jazz-esque tone. The bass is in excellent condition with just a small mark on the headstock. There are no significant marks in the matt blueburst finish on the body that I can see - a good 9.5/10.

I have no idea how much these go for used but they aren't 'cheap' new (according to Thomman etc). The bass comes in Sandberg gig bag - so collection/near meet only on this one. (based in sunny South Yorkshire).

Pics below (I hope the previous owner doesn't mind use of these - thanks Foxx).

Cheers, Mart.

Edited by martthebass

Shame that, on the up shot the Precision is fantastic, certainly a keeper, though I might put a standard volume pot in at some point i think.lol
Use of the pics is fine mate, good luck with the stingray hunt.

[quote name='Foxx' post='507440' date='Jun 7 2009, 11:39 AM']Shame that, on the up shot the Precision is fantastic, certainly a keeper, though I might put a standard volume pot in at some point i think.lol
Use of the pics is fine mate, good luck with the stingray hunt.[/quote]

Cheers F,

Glad you're getting on well with the P, it deserves to see more action than it was getting,

ATB, Mart

[quote name='Machines' post='507585' date='Jun 7 2009, 04:45 PM']These are really really good basses - someone with an SR4 could get a good swap here :).[/quote]

Thanks M.
It is pretty fine, if it was a 4 I'd be tempted to get it defretted and hang on to it. It has a more vintage sound than my other basses and would give me some versatility. I guess more people are familiar with the Fender style Sandbergs. Sound and playability wise this is similar just a more 'germanic' shape LOL

Still looking for a nice fretless or a reasonable cash offer that could be turned into a nice fretless.u

[quote name='Beneath It All' post='512365' date='Jun 12 2009, 06:45 PM']Is this the 'Basic' model..Ta[/quote]

I'm not an expert on Sandbergs but I think this differs from the Basic in being a 2 humbucker model (rather than single) with all the associated electronics (i.e coil tap etc). Also the neck is quarter sawn - don't know if that's standard. The body shape is the same as the basic as far as I can tell.

Cheers, Mart

Ok credit crunch you got me.
What about £600 or very nearest offer. I'd prefer a pickup but will do a meet up within 30miles gratis.
Would still prefer a trade for something with 4 strings and preferably without frets.

Cheers, Mart

PM replied to...............bass still available.

I've come to the conclusion that these ain't too popular at the moment. Shame because they're 'up there' with some bigger names. At £600 it's a steal and maybe I should put some time into getting used to the neck rather than sitting in front of the computer :)

[quote name='martthebass' post='513510' date='Jun 14 2009, 07:12 PM']PM replied to...............bass still available.

I've come to the conclusion that these ain't too popular at the moment. Shame because they're 'up there' with some bigger names. At £600 it's a steal and maybe I should put some time into getting used to the neck rather than sitting in front of the computer :)[/quote]
Can't understand why this is still here. I've got the single pick-up Basic 5 and it is awesome. The nicest neck I have ever played and the Delano electronics are fantastic.
At this price it is a steal.
H'm should I sell the basic and go for the extra pick-up.

[quote name='BassBunny' post='513736' date='Jun 14 2009, 11:39 PM']Can't understand why this is still here. I've got the single pick-up Basic 5 and it is awesome. The nicest neck I have ever played and the Delano electronics are fantastic.
At this price it is a steal.
H'm should I sell the basic and go for the extra pick-up.[/quote]

Cheers BB.

I'm nearly down to ripping the frets out with my teeth to turn this bass into something I'll actually use :)

[quote name='biro' post='515539' date='Jun 16 2009, 05:58 PM']i know that model. i wouldnìt dare turning such a killer bass into a fretless. i don't think it's such a good idea.[/quote]
Don't necessarily disagree but my need for a fretless is greater at the mo. I won't de fret it with my teeth tho honest. Maybe I should turn this into the 'save the Sandberg thread' I.e stop the ignoramous from mutilating an otherwise perfectly good bass.

Or 'give me £600 or the bass gets it'