Why become a member? ×

Feeler: My '89 Stingray for your 5 string bass?

mathewsanchez

Right, i need a five string bass. This is a truely awesome bass but i'm not sure I can justify having all these 4 stringers around when I need a fiver. It was built in 1989 so is 20 years old this year. I believe stingrays of this age are the best quality ones about with much nicer wood used on the body and neck, the larger bridge with mutes and the metal battery cover. The sound is classic stingray all over really punchy sound which is amazing live. I can honestly say it's the best stingray i've played which is why i'm still not entirely sure about letting it go, hence this being a trade not sale. I'd be looking for a five string, fretted or fretless, but i'm open to ideas on what make. Another musicman would be nice or a jazz of some description, but as i said i'll take a look at anything you have to offer. Considering it's age i'd guess the bass is worth around £800 and I have around £400 I could add to a part ex so the value of you bass can be anything between say £600 to £1200. I'd like to be able to do the trade in person so at the moment no offers from too far away but most of East Anglia and London should be fine.

Here's a teaser pic before I put some more up.

p.s. the bass comes with both a white and clear pickguard and a musicman hardcase

Edited by mathewsanchez

• 2 weeks later...

Matt kindly lent this to me tonight sort of bump! for a band practice and its a mighty pretty bass to be sure, fabulous birds eye maple neck in a nice dark maple thats worn and loved!, badly needs a new set of strings IMHO but other than that its superb, Matt has taken my Sadowsky in exchange for a week just for a try, This is what basschat should be about a community of like minded saddo bass players willing to share andpool info and instruments.

BUMP, he wants a Bongo, he's gotta be mad!

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='Josh' post='534916' date='Jul 7 2009, 05:17 PM']How's bout's this:

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=52628&st=0&p=522607&#entry522607"]Siggery Jazz 5 String.[/url][/quote]
Thanks for the offer, i'll think about it and get back to you in the next few days.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='binkybongo' post='544205' date='Jul 18 2009, 06:46 PM']Hi Matthew - have Pm'd you about this honey,
Best,
Bill[/quote]
Hi Bill, I am interested and i'll PM back soon.

[quote name='the_house123' post='544310' date='Jul 18 2009, 08:50 PM']Don't suppose [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=54794"]THIS[/url] could interest you?

Mike[/quote]
Sorry mike, not really my kinda thing but thanks for the offer anyway.

• 6 months later...