Why become a member? ×

Sadowsky NYC 4 string Jazz For Sale

loudandclear

Up for sale My sadowsky NYC jazz. I have owned this bass for some years. It has not really been played that much but I have held on to it simply because it is such a beautiful instrument. It was always my intention to keep this regardless but now though having another Sadowsky to choose from and the current climate being as it, it is reluctantly up for sale. It has been confirmed by Sadowsky as made in June 1994. It is pre VTC so none fitted. It is very lightweight (8 1/4lbs - fairly accurate bathroom scales) it comes with a sadowsky lightweight case, it is currently strung with DR's and has had a new nut fitted and set up by the bass gallery recently. It is in very very good condition no real marks at all. It plays extremely well. I have owned many basses - this is one of real quality. Pricing is quite difficult on this - I originally thought £1750 but times as they are For sale at £1650 including delivery (comments welcome) . Viewing/trying welcome. No trades at this time - still need to reduce number of basses!

As stated any queries/comments welcome either by post or PM.

thanks

[attachment=26338:DSC01028.JPG]
[attachment=26339:DSC01048.JPG]
[attachment=26340:DSC01055.JPG]
[attachment=26342:sadnyc2.jpg]
[attachment=26341:DSC01058.JPG]

Edited by loudandclear

I'll refer you to the comment I made on Marcus's Sadowsky sale thread the other day:

"Not another bloody Sadowsky... this GAS has me blown up like a balloon! Wish I had £xxxx right now..."

Seems to fit this thread too! Good luck with the sale mate!

[quote name='loudandclear' post='503108' date='Jun 1 2009, 05:46 PM']Thank you gents - funny thing is I have been about to sell this for a week or so but every time I went to post someone else had posted a sadowsky for sale[/quote]

It was like the great 70's Precision glut of Summer '08 :)

You'll be pleased to hear that both mine and Marcus's have now been sold Terry, good luck with yours. That's a bloody good price for an NYC

Chris

[quote name='Beedster' post='503135' date='Jun 1 2009, 06:18 PM']It was like the great 70's Precision glut of Summer '08 :)

You'll be pleased to hear that both mine and Marcus's have now been sold Terry, good luck with yours. That's a bloody good price for an NYC

Chris[/quote]

Yes thank you Chris - I saw yours had gone and that Marks had gone and it literally was a case of diving in quickly before the next one came along!

I'm also starting to get GAS for Sadowsky that I can't act on financially lol!
This is a particularly nice one!

Is there much difference between this 90's one and the one's they're putting out now, apart from the VTC. I'm assuming not much!?

Si

[quote name='Sibob' post='504480' date='Jun 3 2009, 10:01 AM']I'm also starting to get GAS for Sadowsky that I can't act on financially lol!
This is a particularly nice one!

Is there much difference between this 90's one and the one's they're putting out now, apart from the VTC. I'm assuming not much!?

Si[/quote]

AFAIK Roger uses slightly different electronics (I believe made by Aguilar instead of Bartolini, although I think the design/specs are proprietory), different hardware (from narrower Schaller bridge to his own Gotoh clone with 20mm spacing on a 4 stringer) and, in my experience, the older necks tend to be slimmer. The changes may sound subtle to some and huge to others, it depends.

[quote name='nenor' post='504418' date='Jun 3 2009, 07:28 AM']Is that a [b]one-piece[/b] ash body? I can't recall ever seeing one on a Sadowsky bass.[/quote]

Thank you gents - dont think this is a one piece body I am pretty sure its chambered (by the weight), the bridge is the sadowsky goto brand not sure on the electronics maybe will check , I dont think there are any significant differences between this and a 'new' sadowsky other than this has aged really nicely , one thing you know for certain when you play it both from the feel and the sound is that it is a 'Sadowsky'.

Still for sale!

[quote name='tischbein' post='504618' date='Jun 3 2009, 12:54 PM']That´s a fantastic price for a true beauty of a bass... you should reconsider selling it. My NYc Jazz is the best I´ve ever owned..[/quote]

Thank you again - I have thought long and hard about this one beliieve me!