Why become a member? ×

Van der End Jazz

MuseMatt

[quote name='bubinga5' post='495394' date='May 22 2009, 06:14 PM']Beautiful Matt....Whats the switch? What are the specs, Where was it made? :)[/quote]

The switch is for the active circuit. basically allowing the bass/treble cut/boost to be activated. When passive the treble pot sort-of works as a tone control.

Body is a maple/alder sandwich body and (obviously) a 3-piece maple neck (bolt-on).
The electronics (+pickups) are Van der End customs, with Schaller ultra-light tuners.

It was built in 1994, and previously pink! The body was reshaped to get the pink paint of and decrease weight.

[quote name='Stingray5' post='495430' date='May 22 2009, 07:00 PM']Yeh, that's niiice!!
When you get a minute, could you add a full length shot?
I don't think I'm drooling enough!! :rolleyes:

Cheers
Steve[/quote]

also: back of body:

Edited by MuseMatt

Oh thank you all :lol: this was a typical case of love @ first sight. I've got Elixer's on it right now, but I do want to change the strings to something more genuine 'Jazzbass'. Not sure what strings yet.

[quote name='bubinga5' post='495755' date='May 23 2009, 04:14 AM']WOW,, thats so cool...You ever want to trade for a Fender USA 75 RI jazz you let me know..[/quote]

I'm sorry, but that'll be a never :rolleyes: I'm actually getting rid of my Fender, just to not-have-a-Fender :)

it was set pretty high because I have a lot of attack in my playing (pretty heavy Tool-like music). It needs a new nut so basically it's avoiding too much buzzing atm. Should get round to having a new nut placed, as I don't want to do that myself.