Why become a member? ×

Roland TD6-K Electronic Drum Kit (MIDI compatible)

I've decided to sell my Roland TD6-K electronic drum kit.

I bought it new in 2002 for £1000 and I'm looking for £400 for it (down from £600). It's never left my flat and is in full working order. The pads have stick marks from where they've been played. The only way to avoid this is to not play the kit at all! I will chuck in a free kick drum pedal.

The new model (once removed), the TD6-KW comes in at £900 new. The lesser model (TD3-KW) comes in at £650. BIN prices on ebay range between £700 and £800.

The onboard drum sounds are fine. There are a lot of editing functions for the drum sounds which does mean you can find and tweak a complete kit to your liking. (I have seen bands gig with these).

The drum brain is fully MIDI compatible and each pad is assignable to a different MIDI note. This means that you can hook it up to a computer recording/sequencing package and play some powerful and realistic soft synth drum kits/patches through an actual kit (rather than writing them in with a mouse or playing them in on a MIDI keyboard). The option to quantize your drum grooves is always there if you need it.

This is not something that everyone recording at home or in a project studio will "need". It's also a fairly expensive experiment (although you could theoretically make a profit selling it on on ebay).

If you want to dabble in drums, it would be much cheaper to buy an acoustic kit and cymbals (check out the entry level Tama).

The advantage of this kit is:
1. It is much, much quieter than a "real" kit. It should not disturb your neighbours at all (the only sound audible is stick on pad).
2. It can be a very useful recording tool.

It doesn't look as cool as the new one (which has a cool black frame). This comes with the less cool blue frame (although you could always upgrade to the new black frame later if it really, really bothered you). It looks corny anyway though - it's an electronic kit after all.

This is what it looks like.

Feel free to ask any questions or offer any opinions either in this thread or by PM.
I'm based in London and would prefer collection. Cash or paypal.

Edited by The Funk

• 2 weeks later...

Bump for a great kit. I have the same one, and use it a lot. I run my ipod through it so I can jam with all my music - you only need a minijack-minijack. All highly customisable, midi compatible - nice piece of kit!

And also cheaper than I paid for mine, boo !

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='59250' date='Sep 12 2007, 01:18 PM']I'm looking to get one of these or a Yamaha DT-1 Express kit at some point, but not until I move into somewhere with MORE SPACE! :)[/quote]

I forgot to mention the fact that the fold up. In theory, you could fold the frame in on itself with all the drums/cables/brain still attached and rest it against a wall.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='The Funk' post='69174' date='Oct 3 2007, 05:45 PM']Make me an offer. ;-)[/quote]

I wish I could :huh: anyway playing the drums is one of the best things you can do if your a bassist it gives you a great insight into timing so Free Bump someone buy this :)

Only for a huge amount of money, sorry.

I was originally offering this at £600 - if you'd asked for the brain when I was offering the kit at that price, I'd have sold it to you for £400. But selling you the brain at 2/3 the price at £400 would mean it'd take bloody ages to sell the other bits of the kit and just not be worth it.

So I'll sell you the brain at £400 and chuck in all the rest for nothing.

Edited by The Funk