Why become a member? ×

Circle Studios refurb

Rimskidog

What a great topic. Like the others, I started reading it and before I knew it I was an hour in and couldn't wait for the development and the pics. Extremely informative. I wish you every success and who knows, I may require your services in the future......

[quote name='Westie9' timestamp='1340238549' post='1701695']
What a great topic. Like the others, I started reading it and before I knew it I was an hour in and couldn't wait for the development and the pics. Extremely informative. I wish you every success and who knows, I may require your services in the future......
[/quote]

Thanks man! Glad you are enjoying it! Swing by sometime and check it out in person!

[quote name='51m0n' timestamp='1340266213' post='1701799']
Go tthat expectant father feeling about it all yet then?

:D
[/quote]

No. I've got that, 'oh my god, if it isnt open in time for this record I'm gonna be hit with penalties' kind of a feeling... [*we need a puking smiley here*]

:yarr:

[quote name='Rimskidog' timestamp='1340307246' post='1702754']
Thanks man! Glad you are enjoying it! Swing by sometime and check it out in person!

No. I've got that, 'oh my god, if it isnt open in time for this record I'm gonna be hit with penalties' kind of a feeling... [*we need a puking smiley here*]

:yarr:
[/quote]

It will be a space to record in, soon as the power and lines are in you can track in it, you can mix in it with some bales of rockwool if you ahev to. You'll get there mate, you know you will!

[quote name='51m0n' timestamp='1340374312' post='1703604']

It will be a space to record in, soon as the power and lines are in you can track in it, you can mix in it with some bales of rockwool if you ahev to. You'll get there mate, you know you will!
[/quote]

Exactly! I mean some of us have to cope with much worse than even that! Ever tried recording to ADAT live in a garage with minimal overdubbing, no heating, no soundproofing and no monitoring? Now that's interesting :D

[quote name='Rimskidog' timestamp='1340394777' post='1704101']
Thanks guys. Unfortunately (on this occasion) the client is an A list-er, used to only the best, and holding a contract which contains penalty clauses. I just know this is gonna run to the wire!!
[/quote]

You should have put a "penalty clause" into the contract with the builders for [s]sitting on their arse[/s] being too busy to turn up for a few weeks...

[quote name='EdwardHimself' timestamp='1340397089' post='1704124']
You should have put a "penalty clause" into the contract with the builders for [s]sitting on their arse[/s] being too busy to turn up for a few weeks...
[/quote]

I did. Unfortunately, I didn't think about tying them together and the recording contract has much steeper penalties than the building contract!!

Finally stuff starts to get interesting as we start to frame the walls:

[IMG]http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g28/Rimskidog/DSCN7426.jpg[/IMG]

The carpenters found getting their head around all the different angles pretty hard going but once they'd got it they were brilliant. Here's
a bit of a closer shot:

[IMG]http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g28/Rimskidog/DSCN7428.jpg[/IMG]

Are the walls going to be 'stepped' then?

All to do with killing any ring and getting a more diffuse reverb? Rather than aiming to bounce the sound down a path away from the engineers ears ( as in a lot of control room stuff).

Or am I completely missing the point of making the poor carpenters work so hard :D

Starting to get properly exciting now...

When the band hit it big and we're on the road to becoming multi-multi millionaires* I'll try to make sure we can record here

[size=1]*we may not make > £5 (this is our income to date)[/size]

[quote name='51m0n' timestamp='1340751613' post='1709285']
Are the walls going to be 'stepped' then?

All to do with killing any ring and getting a more diffuse reverb? Rather than aiming to bounce the sound down a path away from the engineers ears ( as in a lot of control room stuff).

Or am I completely missing the point of making the poor carpenters work so hard :D
[/quote]

the front wall is a reflection free zone so its probably more likely to be the latter (the designer is coming this weekend to fit the mains so I'll ask the question). Lots, lots more to come yet though!

[quote name='Dad3353' timestamp='1340753226' post='1709305']
Just an accident, really. They were about finished when they realised that he plans were creased. :P
[/quote]

Doh! This made me spit coffee on my keyboard :D

[quote name='charic' timestamp='1340782810' post='1709399']
Starting to get properly exciting now...

When the band hit it big and we're on the road to becoming multi-multi millionaires* I'll try to make sure we can record here

[size=1]*we may not make > £5 (this is our income to date)[/size]
[/quote]

Am getting excited too!

Heheh. No need to be a multi-millionaire though. I sometimes do sensible rates for unsigned bands that can use up my downtime. Go on the website and register: www.circlestudios.co.uk

Edited by Rimskidog

In other news, the side wall gets rockwooled (is that even a word?!?) and boarded with OSB:

[IMG]http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g28/Rimskidog/DSCN7447.jpg[/IMG]

And with a bit of distance:

[IMG]http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g28/Rimskidog/DSCN7448-1.jpg[/IMG]