Why become a member? ×

Fender CS Closet Classic 1970 LTD Edition Jazz...

bubinga5

After the unfortunate disagreements, in another thread....Some of you may have seen this bass, and some i know have owned this wonderfull instrument.. The best Jazz ive ever played, wonderfull tone...Just feels great to hold and play..Only 100 ever made!!!......Thought i would post some proper pics..

PS, i do hope there are no hard feelings about the bass....

Edited by bubinga5

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='494603' date='May 21 2009, 07:54 PM']I followed the other thread, mate. Looks great & I'm glad you really like it - Is it really better than your Sadowsky?[/quote]I wouldnt say better Rich, different yes..This being passive obviously..To me its a bit more special...Ive been after a Jazz that just feels right and this does...its hard to explain..

I really thought hard about letting the RV go, cause its fantastic..But a Fender like this doesnt come up very often..Id like a sadowsky again sometime though....You cant beat that preamp... :)

Edited by bubinga5

[quote name='james' post='494775' date='May 21 2009, 11:25 PM']I have one and it sounds fantastic the only thing that bugs me is the fact that Fender didn't add the 'contoured body' decal on the headstock.[/quote]
Blimey James nice basses in the avatar..What are they all??

Do i see a Spitfire?

Edited by bubinga5

:) [quote name='bubinga5' post='494790' date='May 21 2009, 11:43 PM']Blimey James nice basses in the avatar..What are they all??

Do i see a Spitfire?[/quote]
Thank you the Sunburst and Nat are 1974 Jazz basses, yes its a Spitfire with an old Sadowsky behind that, a 76 Jazz Bass in the middle and a G&L Asat and a Music Man on the left as you can see I like 70's Fender Jazz Basses.

Hi Bubinga......

here's your Bass being used as it was intended......

Aguilar DB680 & 728 with a pair of GS410's & a Trace Elliot V8 combo for a bit of side fill (Both Amps feeding FOH with the Trace set up for an overdriven sound) We had a 16k rog FOH & 4k on stage with us......
1958 Custom Shop Ltd Ed Precision on the stand :)

Edited by Marcus

[quote name='Marcus' post='496160' date='May 23 2009, 05:24 PM']Hi Bubinga......

Aguilar DB680 & 728 with a pair of GS410's & a Trace Elliot V8 combo for a bit of side fill (Both Amps feeding FOH with the Trace set up for an overdriven sound) We had a 16k rog FOH & 4k on stage with us......

[/quote]

Thats just showing off!!

:rolleyes:

haha

[quote name='Marcus' post='496160' date='May 23 2009, 05:24 PM']Hi Bubinga......

[/quote]

Marcus i cant play the link...? Really want to hear this... Is it just my Mac??

Oh i just realised thats you...Duuhhh.. Give me a link that works bro..

Edited by bubinga5

[quote name='bubinga5' post='496677' date='May 24 2009, 04:54 PM']Marcus i cant play the link...? Really want to hear this... Is it just my Mac??

Oh i just realised thats you...Duuhhh.. Give me a link that works bro..[/quote]

hey up mate....

it's just a photo i'm afraid, sorry me banging on about the gear made it sound like there should be audio

I think I might have some video somewhere I could dig out but it'd be low quality, live stuff...

Enjoy the Bass it's a cracker....