Why become a member? ×

SOLD*Fender Precison CIJ 96/97 *SOLD

goaround

Fender Precison CIJ, 96/97, Sunburst, white s/p, maple neck, Fender hard case, nearly new Ernie Ball roundwounds.

[attachment=25535:DSCF1731.JPG] [attachment=25534:DSCF1732.JPG] [attachment=25533:DSCF1730.JPG]

[attachment=25536:DSCF1724.JPG]

Serial number V032666 gives manufacturing date of 96/97 which ties in with the fact I aquired this nearly new in 1998 and still have the fender shipping tags and shop price tag for £574.

There are a couple of light dings on the headstock and some light marking on the upper and lower sides of the bottom of the body probably caused by me pulling the lead round the strap, but nothing you can see without a really close inspection.

As far as I am aware no alterations from new apart from the input jack replaced last year due to an annoying buzzing only audible when practicing and subsequently found to be due to an overhead flourescent tube (doh!)

Lovely action and rich Fender P sound, the reason I am selling is I have discovered that I prefer a jazz style neck as I have relatively small hands.

Price £380 collected from Gloucester, dont want to post but would consider delivery myself for petrol money. Would trade for a Fender Jap/USA jazz bass and could pay extra cash for the right bass.

I'm happy for anyone interested in this to give it a try before purchase as I'm sure you will like it.

Edited by goaround

For those unfamiliar with him, goaround (Simon) recently bought my Clash-alike bass. I have no hesitation in recommending him as a top bloke to do buisiness with.

Good luck with the sale/trade, mate!

[quote name='Lostheplot' post='492563' date='May 19 2009, 06:06 PM']Wish i lived closer to Gloucester! Would you consider posting??[/quote]

Thanks for the character reference Clarky! The reason I discovered I like the narrower necks was the Clashalike copy. The case pictured is the one you sent your bass to me in, would have liked to have described it as less than 6 months old but in the couple of days parcel force had it it was artificially aged to some extent.

Losttheplot, dont really want to post at this stage, if you want to PM me with your location I may be able to deliver it, I have relations scattered round the country who I visit for free food and drink when no gigs.

[quote name='ianrunci' post='492791' date='May 19 2009, 10:39 PM']I wish you were up north I would have this in a second[/quote]

My inlaws [b]all [/b]live in Bolton and have never quite forgiven me for dragging the missis down to the West Country. We are supposed to be visiting the weekend 4th/5th July unless I am saved by a booking so worth bearing in mind depending on what happens in the meantime.

Is this still here? Shame. Potentially it's maybe the best P type bass for the money available.

If posting's the problem - consider taking off the neck for shipping if both parties can agree. Much safer , smaller , more stable package and takes 5 minutes.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest BassKS

[quote name='bumnote' post='508713' date='Jun 8 2009, 11:39 PM']with gold anodised scratchplate, mmm nice[/quote]

A nice array of Fenders.... Youre missing an Oly White Jazz....My favourite.

[quote name='BassKS' post='508842' date='Jun 9 2009, 10:01 AM']A nice array of Fenders.... Youre missing an Oly White Jazz....My favourite.[/quote]

The Jazz in the piccture a lakland Jo Osbourne. Beautifull as it is, I think Im one of the few who prefers the precision neck. The oly white jazz looks great though.

I think my next target would have to be either a black and gold precision, I nearly bought the precision special that shockwave was selling a few weeks ago, but it does have that jazz neck, or possibly a surf green one.