Why become a member? Ɨ

Million to one shot

Posted (edited)

Hi folks, new to the site. Iā€™m from Glasgow. Iā€™ve been trying to trace a Peavey T-40 (Natural) which I traded around 1983 to McCormackā€™s Music in Glasgow. I donā€™t have any useful photos of the guitar. Thereā€™s a familiar looking example for sale on Aberdeen just now on Reverb. The current owner states that it was bought by a family member less than 10 years ago. But has no more history than that. I trawled hopelessly through Google over the years but I noticed today a reference to a T-40 for sale in Aberdeen in 2017. It was posted by Acebassmusic on here but Iā€™m not sure how to PM him / her in the faint hope they might remember the finish at least. Another member referred to the Geneva band sticker on the back??? As I say, posting in the forlorn hope I might pick up the slightest hint of a history back to mine. Fingers and everything else crossed. Thank you.

Edited by Peaveyhunter

• Peaveyhunter changed the title to Million to one shot

Hello @PeaveyhunterĀ and welcome to Basschat. I've done a bit of a search for the thread you mention but couldn't find it. Do you have a link? I don't remember the post at all and have not owned a T-40 so it wouldn't have been me selling it....probably me just passing on info. šŸ¤”Ā 

Thank you so much for that and for your prompt reply. Bassassin sounds very familiar and might post on a band forum I visit regularly. Iā€™ll explore those possibilities and hope for the best. Iā€™ve always regretted parting with it but I was young, stupid and skint and wanted a synthesiser after Signals was released. I just have a feeling about this bass in Aberdeen just now. Thereā€™s a tiny pin knot at the tip of the headstock which rings some kind of bell but the old memory might be playing tricks. Thanks again.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Rumple said:

Good luck with your quest šŸ‘

Thank you. Managed to find the original receipt today. 21/12/79. 2112 dayšŸ˜. I donā€™t hold out much hope really unless another photo or history link emerges but I live in hope.

• Like 1