Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Spotify Previews No Longer Work

BigRedX

Question

Tried putting a Spotify preview in a post this morning and get the following:

Application error: a client-side exception has occurred (see the browser console for more information).

The link I'm trying to add to the post is 

https://open.spotify.com/album/31GrE2G6NnPRyx8QKsMgex?si=9l1cv3tvQ2uE_Vw26YBKWg

Is this a Spotify or Forum problem? It worked last time I did it so I suspect one or the other has changed something since then.

8 answers to this question

If I look at the 'before' of your post, it displays fine to me, as does the link above, which works fine, so not sure what the problem is but it doesn't appear to be a forum issue. Does it say anything in your browser console as sugested?

24 minutes ago, Woodinblack said:

If it helps (and it probably doesn't), it works on my version of safari on 14.4.1

I'm on 13.1.2 which is the most up-to-date version my OS (10.13.6) supports. Until I can afford a new Mac (unlikely any time soon, even ignoring all the other things I'm going to have to upgrade as well) I'm going to be stuck with less and less functionality.

If I ever unexpectedly disappear from Basschat it will most likely be because a forum upgrade has removed my ability to view them, rather than something more serious.

36 minutes ago, BigRedX said:

I'm on 13.1.2 which is the most up-to-date version my OS (10.13.6) supports. Until I can afford a new Mac (unlikely any time soon, even ignoring all the other things I'm going to have to upgrade as well) I'm going to be stuck with less and less functionality.

If I ever unexpectedly disappear from Basschat it will most likely be because a forum upgrade has removed my ability to view them, rather than something more serious.

I do have an older mac, although I tend to use firefox on that, but I keep it for recording from the desk live. It is a first gen air, its not worth selling, but it is too good to get rid of, but if it got nicked at a gig I wouldn't be that bothered. I will ahve a look on that, although I never use spotify so I doubt I would have noticed it.

Unfortunately because this is also the computer I use for my work, Firefox which appears to be the only browser whose updates are not limited by the OS (so far), is reserved for an important single-use function, and I am unwilling to use it for other tasks.

On 13/05/2024 at 16:34, BigRedX said:

Unfortunately because this is also the computer I use for my work, Firefox which appears to be the only browser whose updates are not limited by the OS (so far), is reserved for an important single-use function, and I am unwilling to use it for other tasks.

How about a Firefox clone such as librewolf?

You might also be able to use containers, although that's probably going to involve some tinkering with the existing installation and I can see why you wouldn't want to do that.  https://addons.mozilla.org/en-GB/firefox/addon/multi-account-containers/