Why become a member? ×

Fender American Deluxe Jazz bass, Olympic white/rosewood
£1200
Sheffield

Posted (edited)

This is a lovely bass and in outstanding condition. 

I only got this recently as it was an itch I had been wanting to scratch for ages. However, despite having cut my teeth on a Jazz bass and having played them exclusively for many years, once I started playing a Precision I realised that’s where my sound really is. Therefore, as beautiful as this bass is, I probably shouldn’t keep it as most of the time I’ll reach for a P. (I’m also trying to save up for an acoustic piano.)

This is a 2015 model so has the better pickups and tuners compared to the earlier ones.

It’s completely stock.

Includes the case candy: paperwork, tags, truss rod tool (but no hex keys).

A few things worth mentioning (which were there when I got it):

1. There are a couple of very small paint chips to back the that have been filled with a different white (see images).

2. Theres a scratch/indentation in the board at the 17th fret (see image).

3. The two retainer straps on the case which stop it opening past 90 degrees are detached at one end; these could be glued back into place fairly easily.

It had a fresh setup right before I bought it with new strings and a super low action. It plays effortlessly.

EDIT - it has Fender strap locks (found them in a bag in the case. These might have been standard on the Deluxe model.

Weight is approximately 4.23-4.25 kg via balancing it upright on my kitchen scales. 

Collection from Sheffield. 

IMG_9596.jpeg

IMG_9597.jpeg

IMG_9598.jpeg

IMG_9599.jpeg

IMG_9601.jpeg

IMG_9603.jpeg

IMG_9604.jpeg

IMG_9602.jpeg

IMG_9605.jpeg

IMG_9606.jpeg

IMG_9607.jpeg

IMG_9608.jpeg

IMG_9609.jpeg

IMG_9610.jpeg

IMG_9612.jpeg

IMG_9613.jpeg

IMG_9614.jpeg

IMG_9615.jpeg

IMG_9616.jpeg

IMG_9617.jpeg

IMG_9618.jpeg

IMG_9619.jpeg
IMG_9620.thumb.jpeg.7d1468bea5d97378d283931acc41911a.jpeg

Edited by Quatschmacher
Case candy photo added, updated description.
  • Like 8

7 hours ago, moley6knipe said:

Beautiful. And a textbook example of an ad selling a bass. GLTWS! Personally, my resistance to a 5 string version of this is wavering badly….

There was a 5-string version of this for sale recently by I think @Lukasz Chyla; not sure if it sold. 

Hi

Not entirely sure how this all works on bass chat as I’ve been sent here by Bassmonkey, but I absolutely love the look of this bass and am very interested in potentially making a purchase. 
If you get the time to reply that’d be greatly appreciated and we’ll talk further

Thanks

George

• Like 1

1 hour ago, George Hodgson said:

Hi

Not entirely sure how this all works on bass chat as I’ve been sent here by Bassmonkey, but I absolutely love the look of this bass and am very interested in potentially making a purchase. 
If you get the time to reply that’d be greatly appreciated and we’ll talk further

Thanks

George

Hi George,

I’ve sent you a private message to discuss the details.