Why become a member? ×

Cover Band MultiFX (which is "best")

glassmoon

2 hours ago, tauzero said:

Does the PC give a chime when you connect the pedal?

No - it does see the unit (device manager) and it does connect to the GitHub site - just fine actually... it's the other one that everyone seems to recommend that can't/won't see it!!!

2 hours ago, tauzero said:

I've just reproduced this by running Tonelib-Zoom with the MS-60B connected, then starting the firmware updater while Tonelib-Zoom is still running. It's because Tonelib-Zoom has reserved the MIDI connections to the MS-60B. Try again without Tonelib-Zoom running.

Let me try that - ta!  Actually, I'll uninstall everything Zoom related just to be safe

2 hours ago, maidens97 said:

2nd hand HX Stomp is the way forward!

Yeah, that would've been 1st prize I guess... it really was just down to cost in the end

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, glassmoon said:

Let me try that - ta!  Actually, I'll uninstall everything Zoom related just to be safe

Nope - same crap - I'll try on my work machine

edit: work machine failed too... I can only think that the cable is doge.  It's not a train smash, not at all... 

Edited by glassmoon

3 hours ago, glassmoon said:

Nope - same crap - I'll try on my work machine

edit: work machine failed too... I can only think that the cable is doge.  It's not a train smash, not at all... 

If the cable was dodgy, the website editor wouldn't work either.

14 hours ago, tauzero said:

If the cable was dodgy, the website editor wouldn't work either.

That is actually true... anyway, my next step is to figure how I can go from patch to patch without bending down

Unfortunately, these are the trials of multi-fx, lots of potential, but lots of potential faff too! 

The last gig I did was delayed as there was some very odd noise which we eventually tracked down to being because of the lead guitarist's multi-fx. And our last practice session was interrupted by the rhythm guitarist's multi-fx unexpectedly playing a drum loop. Another band I was in had trouble with a guitarist forgetting that a preset had a pitch shifter applied. I've tried to turn on the tuner of my Boss GT 1000 Core before (double footswitch press) but ended up just pressing one footswitch and changing preset to something inappropriate.  All these hassles are possible with individual pedals, but they usually seem more intuitive.

I'm sort of sold on the concept of Multi-fx, they can be great, relatively cheap, small, powerful tools. But they can also be a real headache. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, SumOne said:

Unfortunately, these are the trials of multi-fx, lots of potential, but lots of potential faff too! 

The last gig I did was delayed as there was some very odd noise which we eventually tracked down to being because of the lead guitarist's multi-fx. And our last practice session was interrupted by the rhythm guitarist's multi-fx unexpectedly playing a drum loop. Another band I was in had trouble with a guitarist forgetting that a preset had a pitch shifter applied. I've tried to turn on the tuner of my Boss GT 1000 Core before (double footswitch press) but ended up just pressing one footswitch and changing preset to something inappropriate.  All these hassles are possible with individual pedals, but they usually seem more intuitive.

I'm sort of sold on the concept of Multi-fx, they can be great, relatively cheap, small, powerful tools. But they can also be a real headache. 

You've obviously never played in a band with a guitarist who seemingly had to recreate his pedal board from scratch every time he set up his gear, and often couldn't remember the order that the pedals went in the last time when he thought it sounded great.

Or the guitarist who insisted on turning all the controls on his amp to "0" before switching it off, meaning that he would spend at least 10 minutes next time he set up dealing in "his sound".

I, on the other hand simply plug my multi-effects unit into my FRFR cab and hit the footswitch for the Preset for the first song and I'm ready to go. For one band I have now programmed all the patch changes into the computer that is also our drummer and second synth player so when I call up a particular song my multi-effect unit automatically switches to the correct Preset and changes Snapshots as required as the backing plays.

27 minutes ago, glassmoon said:

That is actually true... anyway, my next step is to figure how I can go from patch to patch without bending down

Tap the middle of the three black dials to get to the "Memory" screen, where you'll see the list of all patches.
Twiddle the middle dial to the patch you use for the first song in your setlist. Tap the right-hand dial to assign it the letter "A". Twiddle to the patch you use for the second song in your setlist, assign it the letter "B", and so forth.
Once you've assigned some letters, pressing the footswitch while on this screen will switch between patches in the order A, B, C, etc.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BigRedX said:

I, on the other hand simply plug my multi-effects unit into my FRFR cab and hit the footswitch for the Preset for the first song and I'm ready to go. For one band I have now programmed all the patch changes into the computer that is also our drummer and second synth player so when I call up a particular song my multi-effect unit automatically switches to the correct Preset and changes Snapshots as required as the backing plays.

Many of us struggle to find the right USB cable though, let alone all that stuff.

2 hours ago, MartinB said:

Tap the middle of the three black dials to get to the "Memory" screen, where you'll see the list of all patches.
Twiddle the middle dial to the patch you use for the first song in your setlist. Tap the right-hand dial to assign it the letter "A". Twiddle to the patch you use for the second song in your setlist, assign it the letter "B", and so forth.
Once you've assigned some letters, pressing the footswitch while on this screen will switch between patches in the order A, B, C, etc.

Aaah, let me try that. I'm ussuming that it works in the "engaged" position, and I won't be able to line up an effect? 

Truth be told, this is going to be a simple, non-tap dancing affair, so this sounds like the perfect way to get there. 

Now to assign some sounds LOL 

HUGE thanks @MartinB

3 hours ago, glassmoon said:

Aaah, let me try that. I'm ussuming that it works in the "engaged" position, and I won't be able to line up an effect? 

Truth be told, this is going to be a simple, non-tap dancing affair, so this sounds like the perfect way to get there. 

Now to assign some sounds LOL 

HUGE thanks @MartinB

Yes, you can either scroll through patches with the footswitch or switch an effect on and off, but not both. See page 11 of the manual which illustrates it, though @MartinB has given a very good description of how to do it.

• Like 1