Why become a member? ×

Rolling Stone's 'Top 100 Drummists'.

16 minutes ago, Cliff Edge said:

Aren’t lists like this compiled from a poll of readers dumplings..? If so I doubt the editorial staff had anything to do with it. 

Readers of Rolling Stone that would put Meg White above Joe Morello in a graded list of drummers..? It's a rum ol' world alright, but still... o.O

U do know RS is marketed at 12 year olds.? Kind of obvious. I can name a good handful of schooled American drummers that can smoke that entire list. Off the top of my head Gregg Bisonnette...He can play and sound like any other drummer and has played with everyone... but hes oldish and RS have probably never heard of him.

3 minutes ago, diskwave said:

I can name a good handful of schooled American drummers that can smoke that entire list.

On 24/04/2024 at 10:22, Baloney Balderdash said:

Danny Carey and Ronald Shannon Jackson is on it, so I am all fine...

Knowing how these Top 100 Musician lists works I am not too nit picking about their position, where, especially in Ronald Shannon Jackson case, they in reality ought to have been rated higher.

I am just glad they weren't left out.

However I couldn't have taken a Top 100 Drummers in a Rock magazine serious (not that I really do anyway) if they had left out Danny Carey.

Danny Carey truly is one of the absolute greatest rock drummers of all times.