Why become a member? ×

NBD couldn’t resist it…

IanA

Popped into Bassbros yesterday on the hunt for a nice 4 string Precision and this was just begging to come home with me. It appears to be a bit of a case queen with barely a mark on it anywhere and even the case is as new!

It was a bit of a toss up between this and a Yamaha BBP34 but this won in the end.

I have been playing mainly 5 strings for the last few years and the feeling of getting back on a 4 is just amazing!

It has taken a really low setup and surprisingly the stock pickup is really nice. It might still get a Nordstrand or a Fralin at some point but let’s wait and see.

IMG_3193.jpeg

IMG_3190.jpeg

IMG_3191.jpeg

IMG_3194.jpeg

• Like 30

Ahhhh...

The American Pro II

My favorite.

I only play 5 strings. But I have 4 of these. A Jazz in 3 tobacco sunburst. A Precision, also a burst. A precision in Dark Knight. I replaced the maple neck with a proper ebony. And the neck from that went to a custom build that has become my #1. I also have 2 American Pro Jazz. One a burst the other natural. Needless to say I'm a Fender guy.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, joel406 said:

Ahhhh...

The American Pro II

My favorite.

I only play 5 strings. But I have 4 of these. A Jazz in 3 tobacco sunburst. A Precision, also a burst. A precision in Dark Knight. I replaced the maple neck with a proper ebony. And the neck from that went to a custom build that has become my #1. I also have 2 American Pro Jazz. One a burst the other natural. Needless to say I'm a Fender guy.

Fender Addict you mean… ;)

10 hours ago, IanA said:

Fender Addict you mean… ;)

Give the pickup a chance.

I have switched pickups on 5 of 6 of my bass's. I have a Precision that is stock. Original everything (strings being the exception).

The pickup just sounds amazing. My Dark Knight had a Quarter Pounder installed and a SD Apollo installed in the bridge position. It's a one of a kind now. Unique.

But give it a chance. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...