Why become a member? ×

NBD! Ibanez SR655e

DaLi

Hi All,

After a week of waiting I finally received my Ibanez SR655e and I couldn't be more happy! It feels like the body was moulded just for me. As a bonus it also came strung with flats so I get to try flats! 

Excuse my poor photography it's not my forte

image1.jpeg

image0.jpeg

image2.jpeg

• Like 13

17 hours ago, Ed_S said:

Nice one! I've got the lighter "natural flat" finished version and it's a great instrument. Can't go too far wrong with an SR.

That's the finish I saw in all the demo videos! Very nice!

16 hours ago, Baloney Balderdash said:

That is beautiful! :x

Congratulations! :i-m_so_happy:

Cheers! It looks even better than the pictures I saw on the website:)

16 hours ago, crazycloud said:

I got a mint one of these a while back and haven't posted any pics yet. Excellent bass.

I have to agree I think Ibanez may have just won themselves a fanboy with this one! Would love to see pics of yours!

17 hours ago, Nos said:

Looks good!

Got the 4 string version of this and been playing it for a few years now, doesn’t look as nice as yours does though. 

Yeah this one has rocketed itself up to the No1 position for me! Do you find you have a volume difference between the P and the J pickups? 

I used hydrate on the fretboard when I got mine as it looked a little dry. I then tried a little bit on the back of the body to see how it would come up and it looked wonderful, so I sparingly gave it a once over. It now has a very subtle shine but it does make the grain on the thing really pop.

42 minutes ago, DaLi said:

I have to agree I think Ibanez may have just won themselves a fanboy with this one! Would love to see pics of yours!

I'm already a hardcore Ibanez fan, as I have about a dozen, incl 6 SRs (+ a BTB and an ATK).

If it's fine after work tomorrow I'll take some pics, make a NDB thread and link to it here.