Why become a member? ×

Ampeg SVT410 HE Cab

DaleASmith

Used to run one back when In had a Hartke ha3500 amp. I found it adequate but preferred the slightly tighter sounding peavey tvx 410, and SWR amps. Swapped the tvx out for a 412 which is great but definitely overkill.

• Like 1

I like mine - it's paired with a 115E with both being driven by an SVT CL. It's voicing across the spectrum seems to suit the SVT plus the horn / x-over setup work almost as smoothly as my SWR cabs.

Squier 40th

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, BassmanPaul said:

Stack the 15 atop the 4x10 where you will be able to hear it's cries of pain as it fails to keep up with the far more able 4x10.

is that with reference to it being rated at 200watts? 
i thought that was odd. My Ashdown 1x15 is 500 so if I used the 410he, that’s what it’ll be paired with. 

• Like 1

I'm not 100% on this as I've not had the box apart but I think the 15 is a de-rated Eminence Delta-Pro. It seems something of an odd spec with such a low thermal rating but a heavy-duty cast frame.. 

I'll be honest, I've never heard it complain but that may well be that I'm much closer and on axis with the more efficient 410HE. I don't have big lows in my sound either so maybe that and not running silly loud helps keep cone movement and consequential risk of complaint down.

• Like 1

A 4x10 and a 15 have never been a good pairing no matter its popularity. I feel that it came together in a marketing photo to show both cabinets in one shot. The thought was, perhaps, that the 15 will produce the lows and the 4x10 the higher frequencies. in reality the 4x10 will put out more lows than the 15. 

• Like 2