Why become a member? ×

Line 6 price hikes

Does anyone know what's going on with Line 6's prices, in particular the HX products?

They seem to have shot up in price over the last few days. I have been thinking of getting either a HX One or HX Stomp XL and as such have been monitoring the prices recently. The HX One has increased (at the usual online retailers) from £249 to £299 & £329 and the HX Stomp XL from £599 to £799, which is a 1/3rd increase in price!

I appreciate cost of living & inflation etc, but these are huge increases. Am currently kicking myself for my indecision as a couple of weeks ago Guitar Guitar had the HX One for £229 and Stomp XL for £549 in their spring sale.

Dang, you're right.

I was looking at the hx one just last week and it was 279 or 289

(Euros here obviously)

Screenshot_20240409_174228_Chrome.thumb.jpg.a9ebe3f0630e473de49df892965bdac5.jpg

Edited by lidl e
  • Like 1

They've spent a lot of money on sponsorships recently as every man and his dog on YouTube has one to sell you. 

Funniest thing was, even though Ian Martin Allison is an endorser of the Helix lineup he couldn’t understand the pedal that can only play one FX at a time… you know like a normal pedal does… 

I do see the benefit of not lugging all my back line around and everything being in one little box, but to my ears they don’t sound good enough to replace my gear just yet, especially not at those prices. 

• Like 1

On 10/04/2024 at 18:29, JohnR said:

Thomann have stock of the Stomp at £566. 

https://www.thomann.de/gb/line6_hx_stomp.htm

All the more reason to get a Hotone Ampero II Stomp instead which is about 150£ cheaper, but, at least spec/processing power wise, superior: https://www.thomann.de/gb/hotone_ampero_ii_stomp.htm

Or this for just about the same price: https://www.thomann.de/gb/hotone_ampero_ii_stage.htm

Edited by Baloney Balderdash

Hmmm.

There seems to be a couple of forces at work in Internet product pricing;

Inflation, driven by increased labour costs (including the supply chain), raw materials and parts costs.

Dynamic pricing by retailers- having seen upward and downward movement in item prices, I'm fairly sure that prices are adjusted (manipulated?) in relation to demand, supply and current inventory at any given retailer.

1 hour ago, maidens97 said:

Was thinking of upgrading to the LT from the stomp but now that's £1000! I think it was around £700 a few weeks ago

They can’t be selling many of anything with these increases.

am tempted by the new Boss Me90b instead which is a lot less