Why become a member? ×

Quick opinion on next bass !

Hi all - after my next bass, and have narrowed it down to choice of either (both used and a similar price) a very nice Cort B4 20th anniversary, or a Sterling Sub ray HH. I play in an indie / rock covers band btw. 
Just bit concerned that the Cort neck may be too close in similarity to an Ibanez SR 300, had one of those before and found it a bit too skinny, but the overall build quality and materials on the Cort look lovely. 
The Sterling Sub ray HH - owned one previously (yes the green one in my profile pic) and liked it a lot, but the pre-amp was very hot and some of the build quality left a lot to be desired in it’s price range. This one is a nicer colour than the Cort mind you !
Decisions, decisions….what do you think ?

Edited by Grumpybass

When buying these second hand just buy with your heart. Should be able to recoup your  investment should you change your mind later, if you look after it.

But please let us know how it turns out, with pictures :)

• Like 2

Both and great basses, but Cort will feel more premium vs the SUB but I've always found Cort just lack...something.

Since you've already got an Ibanez the Cort will probably sound quite similar (good clean, modern sound) whilst the SUB will give you a different tonal option and a more "classic" look.

• Like 1

The only time I've had issues with sharp frets was a Cort.

I was surprised what great vfm the SUBS were (and I don't like Rays).

That'll be 2p please. 

Edited by TheGreek
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Mykesbass said:

Only drawback with Cort is their resale value if you don't like/get bored with it. 

Which equals you should try to find a second hand one. The price should be right.

• Like 2

Okay folks, thanks for the input….and here’s the result ! Real nice condition, just a few marks on the back and strangely a nick in the bridge but that’s easily replaceable if want to.

IMG_4109.jpeg

IMG_4110.jpeg

• Like 3