Why become a member? ×

NCD!!!! ( ampeg content!)

0175westwood29

[quote name='steve-soar' post='489894' date='May 16 2009, 04:03 PM']That just looks so right. Good work Sir.
Get a good cover for her to keep her looking sweet.
What does it sound like with the head?[/quote]

tried it with a pro 3 in the shop and it sounds sweet, ill be putting my head thru it on thurs, but mines a pro-6 which i prefer the tone so im sure it will be awesome!!!!!

yeh ive asked a company if they make me one, the made my 115 orange cab cover and i was wicked they get back to me monday, anyone know what the ampeg ones look like? there shops down atm.

andy

[quote name='Stag' post='489902' date='May 16 2009, 04:24 PM']i want one
i want one
i want one
i want one
i want one
i want one i want one i want one i want one i want one i want one.

ahem. Good purchase sir[/quote]

you wnt regret, its cured my gas for a 810 ! although i did try a zon while i was up there that was a mistake!!!! it was awesome!

andy

Of course I would love an 8x10 but I am a weed and cannot lift that kind of behemoth, or fit it in the car. But if it solved your GAS for the big bad 8x10 .... can only be a good thing (for your back) ;-)

[quote name='Stag' post='489959' date='May 16 2009, 05:19 PM']Of course I would love an 8x10 but I am a weed and cannot lift that kind of behemoth, or fit it in the car. But if it solved your GAS for the big bad 8x10 .... can only be a good thing (for your back) ;-)[/quote]

indeed the 610 is surprisingly easy to move round, plus i like that its not really the norm, ie an 810 or 410/115.

and if i haven't mentioned its loud as hell!

the only gas i have now is for the 2395 quid zon that i played while trying it out!

[quote name='0175westwood29' post='489805' date='May 16 2009, 02:48 PM']just picked this up from mansons exeter got a wicked deal! can't wait for band practice on thurs, then gig on the 30th!

ampeg 610hlf

andy[/quote]

I always thought the 810 looks overkill. That's nice. Menacing but in a civilised way.

however I'd keep it away from the cat post. you don't want the little blighter getting any ideas...

[quote name='SteveO' post='494751' date='May 21 2009, 10:57 PM']I always thought the 810 looks overkill. That's nice. Menacing but in a civilised way.

however I'd keep it away from the cat post. you don't want the little blighter getting any ideas...[/quote]

its been moved now, was there for a day and they were to scared to go near it!

yeh its more refined than a 810, and more compact ( well kinda) than a 410/115 setup.

it just fits my bands sound to a t!

andy

Well... after seeing that... and doing a bit of price research... I got my own, for even less than what was paid above, and mine is one of the last USA ones, which was a nice added bonus (not that im knockin's the Vietnam ones at all). The chaps at the shop even gave me a Speakon connector FOC as well. Top guys, who also fashioned a protective cardboard cover out of other boxes with a stanley knife for me to take it home in.

It is awesome. As mentioned above - menacing. Its set up downstairs at the moment and hasnt been moved because i just like looking at it. Fearsome power as well - im not using it above 0.5 volume on the amp (B2RE) and its shaking the floorboards. With my Ric and a pick you can nail that Ric/Ampeg tone in seconds. I am so proud of it that I had to take a piccie of it and my basses. Sadly I am in the picture as well, but hey, you`ll get over that I hope.

[attachment=25916:gear1024.jpg]

Edited by Stag

[quote name='Stag' post='497413' date='May 25 2009, 05:55 PM']Well... after seeing that... and doing a bit of price research... I got my own, for even less than what was paid above, and mine is one of the last USA ones, which was a nice added bonus (not that im knockin's the Vietnam ones at all). The chaps at the shop even gave me a Speakon connector FOC as well. Top guys, who also fashioned a protective cardboard cover out of other boxes with a stanley knife for me to take it home in.

It is awesome. As mentioned above - menacing. Its set up downstairs at the moment and hasnt been moved because i just like looking at it. Fearsome power as well - im not using it above 0.5 volume on the amp (B2RE) and its shaking the floorboards. With my Ric and a pick you can nail that Ric/Ampeg tone in seconds. I am so proud of it that I had to take a piccie of it and my basses. Sadly I am in the picture as well, but hey, you`ll get over that I hope.

[attachment=25916:gear1024.jpg][/quote]

nice mate im so happy with mine!

[quote name='SteveO' post='494751' date='May 21 2009, 10:57 PM']I always thought the 810 looks overkill. That's nice. Menacing but in a civilised way.[/quote]

"Excuse, I hope you don't mind awefully if I cause mayhem and terrorize in a most uncouth way?" lol ;o)

[quote name='Stag' post='497413' date='May 25 2009, 05:55 PM']Well... after seeing that... and doing a bit of price research... I got my own, for even less than what was paid above, and mine is one of the last USA ones, which was a nice added bonus (not that im knockin's the Vietnam ones at all). The chaps at the shop even gave me a Speakon connector FOC as well. Top guys, who also fashioned a protective cardboard cover out of other boxes with a stanley knife for me to take it home in.

[attachment=25916:gear1024.jpg][/quote]

Steve, Very cool mate.. congrats!! Lookin' forward to hearing the lil monster!!!

• 2 weeks later...

played a gig with this for the first time!

was awesome had to do a bit of adjustment due to where we were playing but only got good comments on my bass tone, sat really nice in the mix, even when i turned on my metal muff distortion for our last song!

and just found out that my band gets to spend a day in a studio, its to help out a friend whos doing a course there. we going to do two tracks complete in a day! will be quite hectic me thinks! but ill be posting the recordings up once they done so you can hear what my rig sounds like.

andy