Why become a member? ×

Guess what's in the case!

kwmlondon

Bit more info... 

1. It's not mine (I'm VERY sorry to say)
  2. Belongs to my dad's mate and he bought it new. He's retired from playing now and is moving his bass on.
  3. It'll be heading to The Bass Gallery shortly

4 minutes ago, SurroundedByManatees said:

'65 Fender P?🤷

You're half right! It's a Precision...bit more recent though. 1970. He got it in '71 from Sound Centre in Cardiff. 

IMG_9572.jpg

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Reggaebass said:

Ah  Just seen your picture, very nice 

I'll start taking proper pics in a bit. This thing is so seventies it's just lit a Rothmans, put on a pair of flared nylon trousers and asked for a lager top.

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, kwmlondon said:

I'll start taking proper pics in a bit. This thing is so seventies it's just lit a Rothmans, put on a pair of flared nylon trousers and asked for a lager top.

That’s great 😂, I’ve got a 71 exactly the same 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, kwmlondon said:

Nice try. I'm afraid you've not made it onto the Bass Chat pub quiz team but better luck next time...

Haha nah i, in fact, knew exactly where this was going & this is whyi chose to name the polar opposite of what U had... 

48 minutes ago, franzbassist said:

This just feels like it should be in the for sale section 🤔

Nop. I'm not selling this. It'll be going to The Bass Gallery. They'll have to take the neck off and get the scratchplate and pickups out to take photos and stuff. I just thought I'd share some pics before it went off to some collector somewhere.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Reggaebass said:

That’s great 😂, I’ve got a 71 exactly the same 

It is one of the most charismatic instruments I've ever played. Absolutely knock-out. Proper Donald "Duck" Dunn territory!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, neepheid said:

A cheese sandwich.

Ach, I'm too late for the flippancy.  Well, you're getting it anyway!

I mean, turning up to work with lunch in a 70's Fender bass case would be stylish and unconventional...

• Haha 2

46 minutes ago, neil___lien said:

Haha nah i, in fact, knew exactly where this was going & this is whyi chose to name the polar opposite of what U had... 

Yeah, I guessed that but that doesn't mean you can join the pub quiz team! Unless you know a lot about sport - I'm rubbish at sport.

8 minutes ago, kwmlondon said:

It is one of the most charismatic instruments I've ever played. Absolutely knock-out. Proper Donald "Duck" Dunn territory!

Aren’t you tempted to get it yourself , at a family discount of course 😁

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Reggaebass said:

Aren’t you tempted to get it yourself , at a family discount of course 😁

Ah, well, I really REALLY want Arthur to get as much as he possibly can for the bass - he nees the money and I trust The Bass Gallery to do him right.

But, I will admit part of me is thinking "why not offer him 15% less than the Bass Gallery would put it on for - he gets the same amount and I'd get a vintage bass for less than the going rate" but honestly. No. It's lovely, it really is, but I'm just not a collector and I'd never use it.

I own three basses and that's too many for me - I'm actually getting rid of one.

• Like 2