Why become a member? ×

G'day

flatwound

Gooday everybody, I'm Jeff from Canberra in Australia, and I thought I would stick my beak in here, just to say g'day and get a... "Welcome to Basschat" from Zoe :) , and I think [i]she [/i]should be made the "[u]Official[/u] Meeter and Greeter" :rolleyes: Just an opinion !

Edited by flatwound

[quote name='flatwound' post='489480' date='May 16 2009, 02:15 AM']Gooday everybody, I'm Jeff from Canberra in Australia, and I thought I would stick my beak in here, just to say g'day and get a... "Welcome to Basschat" from Zoe :) , and I think [i]she [/i]should be made the "[u]Official[/u] Meeter and Greeter" :rolleyes: Just an opinion ![/quote]

haha yeahhhhhhhh!!! :D

and welcome to basschat!!!! :lol: haha

Z
x

[quote name='Thunderthumbs' post='492308' date='May 19 2009, 10:18 PM']G'day cobber!

Welcome mate. Nice to hear from someone from round t'other side of the planet.

Spent my honeymoon travelling the east coast of Oz, and have relations living in Melbourne, so I envy you every waking day! ;)

Have fun on here mate.

All the best,
Pete.[/quote]
Thanks Pete, :rolleyes: I was just tryin to be sarcastic :D , with that comment and Zoe was spot on....most of you guys seem to be decent chaps, [u]and girls [/u](sorry Zoe) :lol: I have had a heap more questions I would like answers to,and/or opinions on, but reluctant to post anymore, (I'm trying to just be an observer these days) as some smart arse young c%#@head will get straight into me (and others) about it "being posted elsewhere, just do a search", [i]or[/i] "its in the wrong place", [i]or[/i] "not specific enough"...need I go on.
Those lot spoil this forum, which is an excellent forum. I have also noted that these forums seem to have their own little family groups that tend to piss in each others pockets, and tell each other how wonderful they think they are.
I'm also wondering, how many [i]genuine[/i] Bass Players, use the forum as it seems to me, a fair percentage are concerned more about how the instrument "[b]looks[/b]", I'll bet they have big mirrors at home, and I would think it would be extremely difficult if not impossible, to play a bass with one hand around their "you know what" :rolleyes:
I have PM'd several users and only yesterday received a reply from a female user, (or non user now for some of the very reasons I have just outlined) she was pissed off, and said that,... that particular element, put off young guys and girls which is a shame, cause girls can play bass as well. Hey Zoe? and where do the young guys starting out get their information from if not on these forums, after all, that is what it is for.! Or at least one of the reasons a forum exists.
I should really apologize and piss off,....as I have just noticed that this forum is for [u]UK bass players[/u]...how dare I, but its not going to stop me reading the posts, I might learn something, ya never know.!
This is most likely going to get a few noses out of joint as well, ( I would be more than happy to put them back in for ya's)
I think I have private messages enabled if anybody wants to [u]agree[/u] with me, or [b]have a go at me[/b]
Geeez, I only wanted to say thanks to Pete...(thanks again Pete) and would also like to thank those guys that have given decent answers to the very few questions I have posted, and a big thanks to Andy Martin the only bloke that said welcome to Basschat, without me soliciting it.
And I'll bet this is in the wrong place...see ya's :)

[quote name='flatwound' post='492906' date='May 20 2009, 03:00 AM']Thanks Pete, :rolleyes: I was just tryin to be sarcastic ;) , with that comment and Zoe was spot on....most of you guys seem to be decent chaps, [u]and girls [/u](sorry Zoe) :lol: I have had a heap more questions I would like answers to,and/or opinions on, but reluctant to post anymore, (I'm trying to just be an observer these days) as some smart arse young c%#@head will get straight into me (and others) about it "being posted elsewhere, just do a search", [i]or[/i] "its in the wrong place", [i]or[/i] "not specific enough"...need I go on.
Those lot spoil this forum, which is an excellent forum. I have also noted that these forums seem to have their own little family groups that tend to piss in each others pockets, and tell each other how wonderful they think they are.
I'm also wondering, how many [i]genuine[/i] Bass Players, use the forum as it seems to me, a fair percentage are concerned more about how the instrument "[b]looks[/b]", I'll bet they have big mirrors at home, and I would think it would be extremely difficult if not impossible, to play a bass with one hand around their "you know what" :rolleyes:
I have PM'd several users and only yesterday received a reply from a female user, (or non user now for some of the very reasons I have just outlined) she was pissed off, and said that,... that particular element, put off young guys and girls which is a shame, cause girls can play bass as well. Hey Zoe? and where do the young guys starting out get their information from if not on these forums, after all, that is what it is for.! Or at least one of the reasons a forum exists.
I should really apologize and piss off,....as I have just noticed that this forum is for [u]UK bass players[/u]...how dare I, but its not going to stop me reading the posts, I might learn something, ya never know.!
This is most likely going to get a few noses out of joint as well, ( I would be more than happy to put them back in for ya's)
I think I have private messages enabled if anybody wants to [u]agree[/u] with me, or [b]have a go at me[/b]
Geeez, I only wanted to say thanks to Pete...(thanks again Pete) and would also like to thank those guys that have given decent answers to the very few questions I have posted, and a big thanks to Andy Martin the only bloke that said welcome to Basschat, without me soliciting it.
And I'll bet this is in the wrong place...see ya's :)[/quote]

I really don't think you should go.
Theres quite a few people on here that arn't from the UK.

But, yeah, i really think you should stick around a bit longer and then make ur mind up.

I love this forum :D and there are soo many helpful people on here, and you shouldn't be put off by the small minority that arn't.

Zo
x

edit: typoooo

Edited by Zoe_BillySheehan

[quote name='Zoe_BillySheehan' post='493245' date='May 20 2009, 01:33 PM']I really don't think you should go.
Theres quite a few people on here that arn't from the UK.

But, yeah, i really think you should stick around a bit longer and then make ur mind up.

I love this forum :) and there are soo many helpful people on here, and you shouldn't be put off by the small minority that arn't.

Zo
x

edit: typoooo[/quote]
Yeah mate, stick around.

No doubt, no matter what forum you go on, there's always going to be a number of knobs, and surely there are a few here (maybe my included :rolleyes:), but to be honest I've mostly come across helpful, friendly people. To name a few.....BassBunny, yorks5stringer, jakesbass, mistahbenn, beedster, lee650, OldGit, peety, Rasta, Machines, antibarbie (see....not all blokes), and more.....

I've made good friends out of being on here too, so trust me, it's not all bad.

Maybe anyone you think you may have pissed off are only jealous cos you live in eternal sun, and we very rarely beat you at sports! :lol:

Fell free to PM me any questions you have and I'll see if there's anything I can do to help.

Cheers,
Pete.

[quote name='flatwound' post='489480' date='May 16 2009, 02:15 AM']Gooday everybody, I'm Jeff from Canberra in Australia, and I thought I would stick my beak in here, just to say g'day and get a... "Welcome to Basschat" from Zoe :) , and I think [i]she [/i]should be made the "[u]Official[/u] Meeter and Greeter" :rolleyes: Just an opinion ![/quote]

G'day Jeff,

Chris from Canberra (originally Melbourne) here......how long have you been here (assume London)?

Cheers