Why become a member? ×

FS/FT: Fender 50's Classic Lacquer MIM Precision bass, Black/Maple, c/w Fender gig bag. £750 o.n.o.
£750
Potton, Central East Bedfordshire

Hi Folks, 

For Sale/For Trade: 

Fender 50's Classic Lacquer MIM Precision bass. 

I'm looking for £750 ono (which is what I paid for it).

But I could also be tempted by an interesting trade - quality cab, short-scale bass, et, etc.. 

So, I bought this fantastic sounding P Bass here on Basschat a year ago from Jon, aka @Mudpup, who I'm sure will attest to what a great bass it is... 

It's called a Classic P Bass for a reason, and that's because it sound like you always imagined a P Bass should! Its punchy, growly, full and warm sounding and works great in just about any musical setting you can think of where electric basses are used... 

I bought it for a recording project (which it was perfect for) but now that particular project's finished, I find I'm not using it so much - preferring instead, my G&L SB1 because it has more of a Jazz neck profile.. 

To quote Jon:

".. this has a Nitro finish and is the same series as the sought after Mexican Roadworn basses. It's effectively a Roadworn without the factory relic job - you can give it some genuine wear yourself. And of course it's iconic Black and Maple 🙂"

Alder body, one piece lightly sanded maple neck with the skunk stripe and the truss rod is working fine. 

Possibly due to the wider neck, these basses are very stable and very resonant sounding. 

Weighs is approx  8.6lbs. 

Previous owner fitted a Hipshot Detuner which correctly matches the reverse winding tuners on this model. And the original tuner comes with the bass.

A Black White Black WD pickguard has been fitted, but the original brass anodised guard is also included.

Another quote from Jon's For Sale ad last year, which still holds true:

"Condition is used with some dinks and marks in the nitro finish. There is light scratching on the back but not full on buckle rash. You can see buckleworm on the back up close. It's all genuine mojo wear though and looks fine from a few feet away - this is a gig machine rather than a case queen."

A Fender deluxe gig bag is included. 

Ideally, collection from Potton in Central Bedfordshire, 3 miles from the Beds/Cambs border is preferred, but I'd be happy to meet up within a reasonable distance if that helps. 

Trial of the bass is welcomed. I've got amps in the house and a Zoom B3 + headphones set up for a car meet if it helps. Plus the obligatory tea/coffee /biscuits of course.. 

Thanks for looking and please message me if you have any other questions. 😊

Cheers 

Nik 

IMG_20240307_102854.jpg

IMG_20240307_102906.jpg

IMG_20240307_102859.jpg

IMG_20240307_102941.jpg

IMG_20240307_103112.jpg

IMG_20240307_102946.jpg

IMG_20240307_102959.jpg

IMG_20240307_103025.jpg

IMG_20240307_102854.jpg

IMG_20240307_102810.jpg

IMG_20230820_105819.jpg

IMG_20191207_131314.thumb.jpg.ab8513cc6a6334e2e71395ad715b4790 (2).jpg

Edited by silverfoxnik
Amended to 'For Sale/For Trade' ...
  • Like 22

4 minutes ago, silverfoxnik said:

Thanks @Merton, and right back at you, as the saying goes ! 👍😁

So, what scale length are you playing now? 

32” is the biggest I have, some 30” basses have snuck in too 😆

• Like 1

Wow - another week gone by.

So...

To celebrate Man Utd actually showing a bit of fighting spirit for once this season, here's a Sunday evening BUMP for this cool, classic P Bass! 😎

Happy to entertain sensible offers by the way.. 👍

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Wow - 2 more weeks gone by since I last bumped this bass.. 😮

So here's an Easter BUMP for this classic P Bass! 😎

Happy to entertain sensible offers.. or even, interesting trades (quality cabs, short scale bssses etc..) 👍

Thanks for looking and Happy Easter! 

• Like 1

• silverfoxnik changed the title to FS/FT: Fender 50's Classic Lacquer MIM Precision bass, Black/Maple, c/w Fender gig bag. £750 o.n.o.

Hi @Plusnine

Thanks for your kind words and offer of a trade... Your SBV looks great; very cool, retro vibes.

But having said that, it's not something I have a need of at the moment as it's similar to a Jazz bass tonally I understand, and I recently bought one of those which I'm really happy with... 

Sorry and best of luck with your sale! 

Cheers 

Nik 

• Like 1

On 02/04/2024 at 17:05, silverfoxnik said:

Hi @Plusnine

Thanks for your kind words and offer of a trade... Your SBV looks great; very cool, retro vibes.

But having said that, it's not something I have a need of at the moment as it's similar to a Jazz bass tonally I understand, and I recently bought one of those which I'm really happy with... 

Sorry and best of luck with your sale! 

Cheers 

Nik 

Thanks Nik, no worries at all!

• Thanks 1