Why become a member? ×

Post your latest pedal

MM Stingray 62

On 14/03/2024 at 00:29, admiralchew said:

My new Triungulo Barbanera arrived yesterday. It’s such a good pedal. I had one before but swapped it for, would you believe it, a Cog pedal with a Star Wars picture. It took me all of three days to order a new one. I believe this one has a new trimmer inside too although I’ve not opened it to check yet.

IMG_6980.thumb.jpeg.b2e3f12b69817c78358c36aa6430a9ab.jpeg

I also placed an order for an FEA Labs Opti-FET this morning as my waiting list number came up.

How long were you on the waiting list for this? Great pedal, but the guy’s reputation for customer service is pretty agonising and last I checked it was pay now, get pedal in 8 months.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, pantherairsoft said:

How long were you on the waiting list for this? Great pedal, but the guy’s reputation for customer service is pretty agonising and last I checked it was pay now, get pedal in 8 months.

It wasn’t quite as long as eight months but it was more than six months from order to delivery. That said, the pedal is one of the best of its type that I’ve played and I’ve typically found Will to be helpful, and he kept me reasonably updated. I’m mindful of the fact that like a lot of boutique builders that it’s not his main gig so his time is at a premium. He’s helped me out with getting a spare backing plate for my original Barbanera and this is the third of his pedals I’ve owned (2 x Barbanera and a Malombra).

It’s not the longest I’ve waited for a pedal and for anyone wondering whether it’s worth the wait I would say the pedal is great and if you order now at least the clock starts. I appreciate that not everyone either can wait or is willing to tie up money for so long without a pedal.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, admiralchew said:

It wasn’t quite as long as eight months but it was more than six months from order to delivery. That said, the pedal is one of the best of its type that I’ve played and I’ve typically found Will to be helpful, and he kept me reasonably updated. I’m mindful of the fact that like a lot of boutique builders that it’s not his main gig so his time is at a premium. He’s helped me out with getting a spare backing plate for my original Barbanera and this is the third of his pedals I’ve owned (2 x Barbanera and a Malombra).

It’s not the longest I’ve waited for a pedal and for anyone wondering whether it’s worth the wait I would say the pedal is great and if you order now at least the clock starts. I appreciate that not everyone either can wait or is willing to tie up money for so long without a pedal.

I agreed that the pedal is fantastic. I bought on in here, but it had a dodgy foot switch and the seller kindly took it back. I considered buying a new one, but at the time there was a little controversy about Will’s service and my attempts to communicate with him were troublesome (he just never replied on multiple occasions) so I didn’t go ahead.

I’ve since picked up the Dr Scientist Dusk and totally, I actually prefer it to the Barbanera by quite a way, though the LFO functionality isn’t quite as awesome. Its a wicked pedal though, with a killer enclosure!

• Like 2

Hot on the heels of the Barbanera is another filter I ordered several months ago. Both filters were worth the wait but it does mean things are pretty quacky over here now. The Nimbus was ordered in August but held until the XD was also ready.

IMG_7086.thumb.jpeg.d1706dfcbdc8c47c2d8a647f59cf75c7.jpeg

@pantherairsoft The Dusk does look great. I don’t think I’ve played a Dr Scientist pedal yet but I’m definitely curious.

Edited by admiralchew
  • Like 7

Wowsers, mate. 

Nice.

A fella selling a xerograph locally for a very attractive price, but i cant justify. 

Edited by lidl e
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, lidl e said:

Wowsers, mate. 

Nice.

Thanks very much. I’ve been waiting for a few pedals for a while so it’s been a bit crazy them all turning up at once.

Loving your Moose chat in the threads too. He makes some cracking pedals.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, admiralchew said:

@pantherairsoft The Dusk does look great. I don’t think I’ve played a Dr Scientist pedal yet but I’m definitely curious.

The Dusk is stunning. As a sweepable LPF I prefer it to the Moog, Xero and Barbanera. I sold my Xerograph after trying the Dusk. But it’s tone - so highly subjective of course.

Where Dr Scientist is concerned, I can’t speak highly enough of those I’ve tried. I also have a Frazz Dazzler V2 on my board and it’s probably the best high gain distortion I’ve ever tried.

• Like 1

IMG_9146.thumb.jpeg.94954caad4e1215c3cb42d3cf1bb2add.jpeg

Treated myself to the Sledge Hammer from Moose, lives up to it’s name!!! Always wanted a RAT like drive, this gets that sound and much more, the finish is perfect too. I think this is one of the first clean blends in a drive that I’ve actually liked the sound of. (Yet to try the MBD though)

Thanks to @danbowskill for enabling my dirt problem 🙌

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, MrDinsdale said:

IMG_9146.thumb.jpeg.94954caad4e1215c3cb42d3cf1bb2add.jpeg

Treated myself to the Sledge Hammer from Moose, lives up to it’s name!!! Always wanted a RAT like drive, this gets that sound and much more, the finish is perfect too. I think this is one of the first clean blends in a drive that I’ve actually liked the sound of. (Yet to try the MBD though)

Thanks to @danbowskill for enabling my dirt problem 🙌

Killer pedal! Love mine. All over our last record.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, LukeFRC said:

Patch thing to try an expression pedal on the c4 

80701A0E-28A4-40C9-84E2-9D56E3EC3C9F.jpeg

Why do you need that? I directly attach my exp pedal to my C4. It is the SA exp pedal though 

6 minutes ago, lidl e said:

Why do you need that? I directly attach my exp pedal to my C4. It is the SA exp pedal though 

The expression isn’t on the board - it’s to the side

in my head if I stand on the lead and breaks something it breaks the Jack In that wee box,not my C4 - also lets me tuck the c4 on the board where I might not have access to plug/unplug a cable 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LukeFRC said:

The expression isn’t on the board - it’s to the side

in my head if I stand on the lead and breaks something it breaks the Jack In that wee box,not my C4 - also lets me tuck the c4 on the board where I might not have access to plug/unplug a cable 

Makes sense. I do hate that cable from the SA pedal to the C4

• 2 weeks later...

Updated the preamp on my board as I keep getting threatened about going IEM and not being able to bring my amp. Went for the Genzler because I always liked the old Genz-Benz tone from my sadly dead Shuttle 3.0. Only irritation is that it had a on/mute button rather than on/bypass.

Magellanpreamp.png.11fe09505165c687150c87e681c202cd.png

• Like 1

Zoom B6 recently arrived. So far so very good, already looking at moving on some individual pedals. 

It's slightly overwhelming just playing with it on its own, but with a band practice coming up on Tuesday I'm expecting that using it in context will help me focus on what I actually need it to do. 

Top marks not just for how it sounds so far, but also for xlr out, double input (I want to dust off my Korg Monologue) and the fact it seems to double as an audio interface so we can use clips from Ableton out to the PA. Should massively cut down the load and setup overhead. And the tuner is ace. 

17125123183957781403567820198634.jpg

• Like 5

I’ve been waiting for the release of the second batch of Doc Lloyd DLA-2As to use as the cornerstone of a pedalboard build and received mine earlier last week.

It’s a recreation of the LA-2A compressor  and it sounds sublime. It’s in the same territory cost-wise as a Noble but it’s an incredible bit of kit: https://www.doclloyd.com/products/leveling-amplifier-model-dla-2a

It runs on 12v centre positive power at 1.5A so I’ve been running it off a Cioks Crux. Another batch is due in Autumn.

IMG_7896.thumb.jpeg.3499ae47d4785a95299b2b83b3cb9883.jpeg

IMG_7898.thumb.jpeg.8ce791c78a9b7a114e2361e1f0e9941d.jpeg

• Like 5

The HX One has been on my board for a few days now and so far pretty impressed, does exactly what I need in a much smaller package than the Boss GT1000core I had on there previously.

IMG_9250.thumb.jpeg.72b21a8aaac5a9b1609bf19dfa1ae459.jpeg

I’m currently using it to apply some noise reduction, light EQ and the occasional fx other than dirt (which I’m already kitted out for) when needed.

So far gotta hand it to them the Noble and Retro Reel sound excellent for a little depth. There are some really great modulation and delays in there I need to dig in to.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, admiralchew said:

I’ve been waiting for the release of the second batch of Doc Lloyd DLA-2As to use as the cornerstone of a pedalboard build and received mine earlier last week.

It’s a recreation of the LA-2A compressor  and it sounds sublime. It’s in the same territory cost-wise as a Noble but it’s an incredible bit of kit: https://www.doclloyd.com/products/leveling-amplifier-model-dla-2a

It runs on 12v centre positive power at 1.5A so I’ve been running it off a Cioks Crux. Another batch is due in Autumn.

IMG_7896.thumb.jpeg.3499ae47d4785a95299b2b83b3cb9883.jpeg

IMG_7898.thumb.jpeg.8ce791c78a9b7a114e2361e1f0e9941d.jpeg

You are an absolute madman!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, lidl e said:

You are an absolute madman!

I’ll take that as a positive I think, so thanks?

I’ve been pestering Russ at Doc Lloyd about these four about four months so I’m thrilled it’s here.

I’m waiting on a couple of patch cables before I fully assemble the board but I’ve run it with the pedals that will form the board and they all sound great with it. Only the reverb and preamp will be after it in the chain.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, admiralchew said:

I’ll take that as a positive I think, so thanks?

I’ve been pestering Russ at Doc Lloyd about these four about four months so I’m thrilled it’s here.

I’m waiting on a couple of patch cables before I fully assemble the board but I’ve run it with the pedals that will form the board and they all sound great with it. Only the reverb and preamp will be after it in the chain.

Meant in the best way!

• Thanks 1

On 18/03/2024 at 00:40, admiralchew said:

Hot on the heels of the Barbanera is another filter I ordered several months ago. Both filters were worth the wait but it does mean things are pretty quacky over here now. The Nimbus was ordered in August but held until the XD was also ready.

IMG_7086.thumb.jpeg.d1706dfcbdc8c47c2d8a647f59cf75c7.jpeg

Did your Barbanera finally arrive then? Nice I’d so. I’d love to get one of those. Bet the XD is nice. Those housings certainly look a lot nicer than the early ones.