Why become a member? ×

withdrawn

greyparrot

[quote name='Veils' post='488778' date='May 15 2009, 12:33 PM']For crying out loud, this is the "Basschat Market Place" part of the forum and all this chap is doing is selling a bass. If he is getting a profit, so what?! Are you jealous? If he can get £1600 for a bass he paid less for then why shouldn't he?

This does not constitute a rip off merchant and you are devaluing his thread with your comments. Grow up.[/quote]

very true sir, i think the same, but no amount of winging from some people on this tread will take away the whole point, that this bass is worth over £1800 at least. Even if the market is slow, it is still worth that and more. Thankfully im not selling her now as im keeping it, as when the offers came in, i got scared to lose this!

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='488791' date='May 15 2009, 12:43 PM']Of course this gentleman is entitled to advertise this bass for any price he chooses.

Rightly or wrongly though, I do think he should have been prepared for some sort of reaction.[/quote]

Do you know everytime i have put a bass for sale, someone has said useless comments, the worst was with a £4000 spector i had some idiot winging on about exchange rates and retail prices if he had the cash to buy this and wanted it, then he or anyone can haggle via phone or pm, but to not be interested in the sale, and add negative comments is way out of line.

In that case the retail was $7500 USD.In this bass fender retail is $5000 but shop retail is $3800 and thats the only one i can see for sale anywhere on the net!. This is a sales tread, i would never dream of saying a negative thing on someones sale tread. The mods should look into this, i have seen this happen many times on here, and on an airgun site that i buy and sell on as well. You will always get wingers, and personally i would never do anything that i thought was wrong or unjust to a fellow bassist.

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='488821' date='May 15 2009, 01:05 PM']Sorry to hear it. I guess you're cursed...[/quote]

Ha ha its just lately many of the basses that i have sold have been very special and no dought they will get all sorts of comments. As said, i have seen this a few times on other peoples treads, and its so out of order.I guess people will say what they want, its just a shame they choose to do it on the tread that is a sales tread.

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='488837' date='May 15 2009, 01:12 PM']It's strange, though. I've sold quite a few special basses in my time and I've never had a problem.

Am I just lucky?[/quote]

Ha ha maybe, but no matter, if i want to sell this, as all the others it will sell, and someone will be very happy.........as i am with this stunning fender 1970 c/s jazz that i got at a real steal of a price.

Edited by greyparrot